or Connect

Posts by Katie1108

My two and a half year old daughter has begun fully waking in the middle of the night. She wants to nurse endlessly, on both sides. It's awful! We co-sleep with my 6 year old son, who, because of my negotiating with my daughter that my breasts are sore after an hour and a half of nursing, also gets woken up. This is so hard! I feel like I'm deteriorating and I'm always in a bad mood during the day because I get so little sleep. I never would have considered night...
Thanks for the help! I think I'm going to go for it. BTW, she's not scared of the back, she wants to assert her independence and that often comes out in how she wants to be carried. I'm definitely not giving up on the back! Thanks again... Katie
I love my ergo (which I only use on the front), but my almost two year old often refuses to be carried any way except on my hip (I can't even entice her onto my back!). I was thinking of getting a wrap so that I could carry her for pretty long distances in the hip position. A ring sling or a pouch gets pretty uncomfortable if I try to go too long, and I was thinking that a wrap would offer more support. I wear her all the time, so I'm pretty strong. Does anyone have...
I'm tandem nursing my almost 5 yo ds and my 1 yo dd. My ds shows no signs of weaning and it's gotten so hard lately! I had gently gotten him down to morning and night nursing. But lately, probably due to his having a cold, he's been waking up at night or really early in the morning wanting to nurse. It's killing me! My dd is in the middle of learning to walk and probably teething, so she's restless and up a lot at night, in addition to the fact that she's already a...
Citymomx3, I just moved to NYC and am strongly considering HS. However, I think I need a HS support group. My ds is 4 and he needs some kids his own age to play with. Do you have any suggestions? I totally agree that NYC is a great place to HS. We've been to the AMNH twice and still only seen about an eighth of it. TIA for any advice you can give me! Katie ( and Max 12/15/01 and Zoe 9/13/05)
Hi there! I have tried (and sent back) the simplest kelty carrier and the madden voyager. I'm very small and I found that in terms of frame backpacks the tough traveler filly was the best. It's made for smaller people and it fits me great. If you're not really short then this info won't really help, but I thought I'd throw it out there because it took me forever to figure it out. Between the madden and the kelty I liked the madden much better because the baby seems...
That does make me feel better. My AF has always been really sensitive. It took me a long time to get it back after I stopped the pill. We'll see. I just don't want to keep getting excited thinking I am pregnant when I'm not! My ds nurses a lot, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Who thought the day would come when I'd be GLAD to get my AF? Ha, ha! Katie
I'm sure this is a question that is asked a lot, but is 25 months pp a long time to not have my period? Should I be a little worried? Dh and I don't use any birth control and ds still nurses a lot, but am I a little weird? I'm not worried, but I would like to get pregnant again and wonder if I should go to the doctor or something. TIA for any advice! Katie
Thanks you guys! I know it will probably pass, I just want to do what I can to help him sleep better. I think it might be his teeth because when I brushed them last night the toothbrush was a little pink. I was worried maybe he wanted to leave our bed. But last night he cuddled all night. We'll see! Thanks again Katie
Hi everyone! My ds has always been a great sleeper. We've coslept from birth and while he still wakes up at night a few times, he's always really easy to get back down. I hardly even wake up at all, he nurses a little and falls right back to sleep. Lately though,he's been super restless. I don't mind that. But he pushes himself with his feet (usually in my eye socket ) over to the edge of the bed, then his head hangs off, then he wakes up. And not only does he...