or Connect

Posts by nursingmom

That is funny. According to my tax account, it didn't matter about my credit card loans. That didn't count as negative. Rather, the unsold inventory were counted as asset, thus considered income. Cost of good sold = Cost of good + beginning inventory - ending inventory So, even in my first year, despite the fact that I had a big credit card debt, I still had to pay taxes because I was making a profit (in papaer) due to unsold inventory.
I designed my own website. So, the major cost of startup was the inventory. ($20,000). I started the website thinking that I can work and take care of my baby. But I was wrong. I just got way too busy and now my 2 year old daughter is in daycare. I put 40+ hours into my work. I had $0.00 in my bank account as end of last year (2 years of starting a business). I paid off all my debt by begnning of this year. I have not paid my self a single penny yet. I did...
Love your positive attitude!
Raising your child is harder than working outside earning money! You are totally contributiing to the relationship by raising a child with his last name! It is so much easier to go to work than to stay at home with a child(ren). I had many jobs prior to having children, and by far, being a mom is the hardest job on earth. I don't get to take a break, I don't get to take a shower in peace, I don't get to eat in peace, I don't get to go to the bathroom in peace. Eating,...
If you accept credit cards, you need to minus 4% from the profit margin. Also, if you have to buy the products and sell it youself, 22% profit margin is tiny. You can actually lose money. You have to buy and sell at least 5 times to break even with 22% profit margin. For example, you buy a book for 80 dollars and sell for 100. That's your 20 dollar profit. However, now you have to buy the product again for 80 to sell it. So, you are using that 20 dollar to buy 80...
1) just a note? I didn't write a business plan. Just wrote my goals on a piece of paper. 2) Nope. It's not realistic to run a home based business or any kind of kid-friendly business with a toddler running around. It's really really difficult. After being a stay at home mom for 9 years, I finally had to put my almost 2 year old in daycare. She's not getting any attention from me... and I was extremely exhuasted and burned out. It was a difficult decision,...
Shipping is where I can make profit or lose money. I realized, on couple of the products, after paying shipping coming to me (20%), and going to my customers(20%), that I was actually losing money. So, I am always careful, whenever I order products, how much shipping I will be paying coming to me, and sending it to customers. I offer free shipping over $100. That's similar to giving about 15% discount. Once, I offered free shipping over $50 to draw more sales... but...
You can always check the traffic ranking on blog sites or any sites by visiting www.alexa.com. It tells you how each website ranks in the world as well as in the US. You just type in the web address and click site info.
I get frequent emails requesting donations, giveaways, product reviews, etc. I have done few of those and none of the paid off. In fact, I have received 0 sales from all the giveaways that I have done so far. Because I still have not made a single penny for myself from my business, I have decided to decline these request. I have either replied back to the email request saying "no" or just ignored the emails. When I do reply back with "no", I had few occasions...
Diaper rash is due to wetness that your baby feels while on cloth diaper. You have to change the diaper as soon as it is wet... which can be as often as every hour. If you want to leave her for 2-4 hours, I would use a dry liner which keeps her bottom dry, even when the prefolds are wet. http://www.naturallytrendy.com/item_...er--6-pack.htm The dry liner is great for night time, or running errands when you can't change the wet diaper right away. The fleece keeps...