or Connect

Posts by MsMoMpls

Come on in- I made roast veggie couscous for lunch!
Balancing Work and Mothering Saturday April 25th 11-12 Come talk about the challenges and rewards of working outside the home while still remaining committed to being a wonderful mom. Fourth Saturday of each month. Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know about Cloth Diapering Saturday April 25th 12-2 Come ask questions, share ideas and check out new options. Elizabeth Wickoren of Teeny Greenies, a free service promoting cloth diapering in the Twin Cities will be hosting...
Ha- those are great questions. I have lived in MN my whole life and when we moved to Apple Valley, I couldn't figure out a)why there were no sidewalks or b) why so many split levels? I think the whole suburban sprawl thing meant that the towns were built so dad left in the morning and the kids played in the street all day. AV has sidewalks on one side- we kind of wish we lived on the side with them, although we don't have much to shovel, the kids can't ride bikes out...
http://minnesotabirth.com/get-involv...irth-coalition Oh there is so much going on that I can't quite keep up, birth center bill looks good- heading to finance committee, there are also 2 VBAC bills we are working on, one making it illegal for insurance to use c-sect as a pre-existing condition and deny insurance. That one might make it, the requiring all hospitals to offer VBACs is looking like a long shot I think. After being involved in this, it makes me even...
Tell him I think he ROCKS! Suit ok, pretty casual. Lots of daddies but none of them alone so he will be treated like the rock star that he is for being brave and taking such good care of you. He will get a list but honestly it is short notice so he should ask specifically who's available for a VBAC for your due date. Tell him to take notes and get names and just figure out who he thinks you would like. Then when he gets home you just start making lots of phone calls and...
I got a great letter back from my rep and feel so powerful to have voice in such an important issue. Check out minnesotabirth.com for updates and other legislature and a plug for Parenting Oasis. Me and the Senator!
Please email and call your House of Representatives member today in support of HF 1795, which would establish birth centers in Minnesota. This bill must pass this committee or it could be dead until 2011. All you have to say is that you support the creation of freestanding birth centers run by midwives in Minnesota, or even just that you support HF1795. Parents and friends can email/call as well. Go to http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/ and clic on Member information...
I live in Apple Valley, just south of Eagan. I have lived in Minneapolis most of my life and picked AV because of the schools. I love district 196 (part of Eagan-Apple Valley-Rosemount). Joey is in 1st grade, Zach starts Kindergarten in fall. Diamond Path is a International Studies magnet, which means he is learning Chinese (half the kids get Spanish, half Mandarin) and everything is taught with a focus on world culture. There aren't enough cool bars, restaurants,...
This issue is much more complicated than I understood. Last night Paula testified before the House Health and Human Service committee about a new law to allow birth centers in MN. The hospitals have lots of concerns (no surprise) and this issue would change the birth climate in MN (for the better I believe) but it is not without challenges. It goes before the finance committee next. Want to make a difference- check out minnesotabirth.com for all that is going on. I was...
Hey Samantha- yeah, the monthly support group meetings are at PO. The one this Saturday should be really good. I expect a huge turn out. Can't wait to meet you. And we can always use a pair of hands to help out.