or Connect

Posts by Astromom

My DS (almost 2.5) reacts to my milk if I eat his allergens, so I've been on a strict diet forever. I recently trialed goat milk from Meyenberg which comes from grass/alfalfa/hay-fed goats. I guess DS did ok on it, (although he didn't like it very much.) Anyway, a local-ish farm has raw goat milk and I thought I'd try that instead since we're TF-types. However, she feeds her goats grains and corn. Coirn is one of DS's worst allergies. If I'm so careful about what I...
Just saw this update - I've been wondering how your vacation went!! I'm so happy for you!
Quote: Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 is all of the perque stuff corn free? i know the vit c is... Perque is the one that I emailed a few weeks back. They do not use corn in the processing of any of their products. They said: Quote: No, PERQUE has no corn or any corn derivative in any of its products, nor in the manufacture processing. Isn't that great!? HTH.
Coming by quickly to post, supposed to be working, shhh.. CS, the house w/ open stairs looks great. We had open stairs sort of like that when my DD was 1.5 yrs old to about 3.5 yrs old. She did fine. It actually also had similar vaulted ceilings w/ open windows looking down from one of the upstairs bedrooms. Ours had shutters on them though, and we could lock them. It was kind of weird, but the noise from downstairs wasn't an issue. We sold that house and live...
I've been off line due to a family emergency - just now skimmed quickly though the past 9 pages of chat thread & saw this: Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez Astromom checked out Perque (CS, did you email them, and did they respond?) and she says they told her they're actually corn-free, no corn used at all. I want her to verify, what exactly the exchange was, or if they've gotten back to CS, all the better to have two independent exchanges, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez What's the amount of A & D? I am clueless about any brand but mine. (eta: mine has a 10:1 ratio of A: D It looks like mine is also 10:1 A: D -- 4615 IU to 462IU per teaspoon. But if too much A can cause hypercalcemia too... well, then... aaarrrghhh is all I have to say. Thank you for starting a calcium thread.
Sorry, you also asked how much. I was doing roughly a tablespoon, DS roughly a teaspoon.
Quote: Originally Posted by JaneS Jenny, How much CLO and what kind? Too much vitamin A can also cause hypercalcemia. Oh my. It's the TwinLab unflavored one - no synthetics.
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe They also can affect the body's pH - baking soda can kill a reaction. Well, I tried a baking soda bath for him last night, and it doesn't look too different today. (Or was the baking soda supposed to be internal?) Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe I might be thinking of a different allergy ring, though - on dd it's not so clearly defined, sometimes spreads further forward, and never looks...
Tanya! Your Perque supps are truly corn free! I had checked them right away after you gave me your supp list but their labels on each individual product said nothing about being corn-free, so I went on to hunt elsewhere. Well, on a whim yesterday I decided to check again, and sure enough in their "about us" page, they explain that they are hypoallergenic, including being corn-free! And I emailed them, and NONE of their products are even derived from corn! I'm just ...