or Connect

Posts by superspatula

i totally agree.  One of my coworkers(who does the same thing I do) once told me that her and her husband can afford things(that I cant) because her and her husband work really hard.  I just had to laugh because I feel guilty all the time because my husband works WAY harder than me and for less pay.  Me and her barely work according to my definition of work.  People really think they deserve every good thing that comes their way rather than knowing that they were just...
yes.  wic is full of crap. my kids have been 90-95% height and 20-30% weight their whole lives(they are 5 and 3).  its called genes and not eating crap i wish i had those genes.....
when i did a CSA they had a box of extras and you could swap/gift/take stuff.  If yours doesn't do that maybe you could suggest it?"
i have a 2000 chrysler voyager with 55k that i got for $4000.  its great but apparently they are known to have the serpentine belt slip off when it rains and there is no real fix for it and that goes for the dodge caravan as well.  its happened to me twice already!  im not sure about the T&C or the newer models but i would look that up.  other than that its great but still if i were looking at spending that much money i would only get an odyssey or sienna.  the other...
oh just being poor and being used to being treated a certain way and then not being poor and being treated "better?" and then with my mom dealing with caseworkers and stuff and i feel like im being talked down to sometimes or if im not my my mom is.  what was my normal isnt my normal anymore?  i dont know.  im sure there is an element of overthinking people's behavior as well.  and im sure if my mom was more educated and confident people would treat her differently.  but...
and thats exactly what i need to do.  its one of those things that I know but is hard.  also seeing both sides and how people treat and judge other people just makes me so indignant about everything.  Seeing how people(caseworkers, doctors) talk down to my mom just pisses me off so much.  its just made me more acutely aware of people's perceptions.
lol.  i dont disagree at all. and since i grew up poor and im only 29 ive only had a few years of not actually being poor.  its not like im making generalizations about "other" people.  im just complaining about a situation that feels awkward for me even though im the first to admit its stupid.  usually i can google about any situation and find forums or something that can give me some insight about how i feel but this is one that i cant find.  surely someone somewhere...
i dont really know what poor looks like really.  i think i used to look it or even i still do who knows?!  when i was pregnant with my first son(age 23) all of my health care providers assumed i was on medicaid and ive had several cashiers ask me if i wanted to use EBT or if i had separated all my wic items.  ive asked and that hasnt happened to any of my friends and its just weird.  nothing weird has happened lately although a year ago some guy at burger king thought i...
so....now I'm using them but i feel super stupid and that i look like a stereotype because i dont look even remotely poor and buy expensive food(whole low carb thing for my mom).  I think i would be less embarrassed if I actually felt like *I*  needed them.  But it doesnt make sense for my mom to use them because I plan the meals and we only have so much fridge space and im excessively fantastic at bargain shopping.  and i dont want to just not use them because that is...
I am in a bit of a strange situation.  My mother who lives with me and my husband(always has due to her being unable to work) recently had some health problems resulting in a two week hospital stay.  Long story short she unknowningly had horribly uncontrolled diabetes and ended up getting a huge infected wound and both issues made the other issue worse.  Since she doesn't have a job(other than taking care of my kids which we dont pay her directly for but gift her in...