or Connect

Posts by QuiteLikeRain

Our name isn't a *secret* per se, but only close friends and family know. Like, I haven't revealed it on this or any other due date clubs I belong to, haven't made it public on FB yet, etc. It's not that the name is OUT THERE, it's actually a very traditional boy's name - although not very popular -, but I always worry that suddenly everyone will want to use the name (I know, don't flatter myself, right?!?!) and I hate how once you reveal a name everyone tells you...
I'm sorry for not having responded sooner. I did in fact find someone (recommended by a couple mamas here, thank you!) and hope to be birthing with her soon Thanks everyone, so much, and be well! Erin
Precious! Congrats!!!
Me I've birthed in hospitals with midwives with each of my babes, and have generally had positive experiences. If I owned my own home I'd love to have a homebirth this time around, but this apartment just isn't...where I'd want to birth a baby. I'm planning to stay at home as long as possible, as I tend to have long labors. However, if I am GBS+ I will opt for the abx and will have to head in sooner rather than later, which bums me out. Here's hoping for a...
I do pockets and AIO's. I really want to CD from birth (bringing them to the hospital), so I stocked up on 2 different sizes just to be sure I'd get a decent fit. Also, I really hope to go 3 days between washes... My stash consists of the following: X-Small/Newborn: 20 FB's 5 Happy Heinys 10 Monkey Doodlez AIO's Small: 20 FB's 10 Monkey Doodlez AIO's 6 Kushies AIO's (bought used) Plus various inserts, wetbags and such.
Hello: I posted a while back about doulas in the Boston area. While all of the referrals I received sounded fantastic (thank you all!), the bottom line is that I cannot afford the fee (though I have no doubt that the price is absolutely worth it!). So, I was wondering if there are any apprentice doulas in the Boston area who might be looking for clients/births to attend to finish up their certification (and therefore not charging the full/regular fee). Might be a...
Quote: Originally Posted by MAMom PMed you I didn't get it...
1./ How much weight have you gained so far? At my 27wk appt. I had gained 30lbs. 2./ How far along are you now? 29w5d 3./ Do you need to gain more or less then average for any reason? Nope. I was generally average, perhaps thinner than average, for my height to begin with. 4./ How do you feel about your weight gain? Well, I don't LOVE having gained this much already but it seems to be par for the course with me, as I've gained 33lbs, 50lbs, and 45lbs with...
Also slightly anemic. Have been through this entire pregnancy (and have been toward the end of all my other pregs too). I started taking iron pills back when they first discovered I was slightly anemic, around 18wks, but apparently it hasn't helped because my levels were basically exactly the same at my 27wk appt. UGH. So, I'm taking iron 2x/day, but not sure it's helping. I am simply exhausted.
Hello all: I am due with baby#4 in mid-May. I've never had the services of a doula before but I think I might really need one this time (I'm simply not sure that I can rely on my partner to be fully *there*). I KNOW there have been doula rec. threads here before but I'm having trouble find one... So, any recommendations? If it matters, I live in Cambridge, I am working with midwives and planning to deliver at Brigham & Womens again (I guess I could ask my midwife,...