or Connect

Posts by jennybean0722

Amity, my story is EXACTLY like yours.  2 kids, doula, childbirth ed. I get out often with friends and can travel. But I am 35 and will be 36 soon. I have the baby itch big time!  We just started trying again....I must admit it will be hard to "start over" again, but the way we see it, it will be a little tough for a year or so and then we're "done", kwim?  Our curiosity is getting the better of us and we just feel like there is this other little person that just isn't...
I'm sure we all agree on that here....  To the original poster, she should be allowed to go into labor.  Labor is not dangerous, and if she has problems during the birth, well than that is what the hospital is there for.    I hope it didn't seem like I agreed with the midwives/docs....I just find it strange that the two moms I know (one more if you count a friend, so 3) whose babies never engaged, and who were allowed to labor, ended up with sections....Why???  Does...
Can't wait to see what people say here.   I just had two mommas (I was backup for them) whose babies never engaged and both ended with csections after a trial of labor.  One homebirth, first time mother, the other mother was having her 2nd baby in hospital.  Her first baby was born vaginally but required extensive forceps and suction, etc, came out limp with no vitals and was brought back to life (that was 9 years ago for her).    So, is this all true???  That if the...
Hi there! I am the one you wrote too re: Lamaze and how long it took ;)   So, are there any local birth groups or state-wide birth groups you could advertise with?  I know Meetup has a way that each group can have sponsors with ad space.  Also, anyone in your area cloth diaper? You could give info to them too.  What about baby shops? I assume you may have hung fliers there, but just checking...   Jenny :)
Bump!
All I can give hugs!!!  I am a new doula too, but I think what you are doing is wonderful.  Hard, but wonderful!  I'm sure we know that nowadays, most women don't prepare for birth anymore, b/c they don't have to. They expect someone else to take control, like the doc or nurse.  And that's why I feel so sad for these women; they were totally and completely unprepared :(  But YOU were there to take them in when it got rough.  And I bet even the woman who was on drugs will...
  I realize there are difference in each individual course, but I am curious as to how long it took you to finish the Lamaze course?   How did you advertise yourself once you started up, as in, did you advertise it as a "Lamaze" class, or that you were certified through Lamaze?    Did you ever run into people not wanting to take your class because they think its a bunch of "hee hee hoo hoo" breathing?   I ask this b/c my heart wants to get certified through...
The bradleyreborn.com site you listed twice here isn't working!!!!   
My aunt carried all three of hers 44 wks, known conception, etc. There are always anomalies that fall way outside of the norm. I also have a friend who is a 44 weeker. Her cycles are really long too. Her babies just need to cook longer. One was born via csec (scheduled) at 39 weeks and it was BAD. Baby underweight and premature Landed in the NICU, still has probs. For once a doctor actually apologized for the mistake.... I also had a boss who carried twins each...
I know this is the allergy forum, but I wanted to post anyway. I cannot say enough things about the MRT test. We had done all sorts of testing, celiac panel, MyCeliacID, RAST, the skin test. It was horrible. The MRT test saved our son! It tests for over 120 foods and 20 chemicals. I just can't not tell anyone about it anymore. I highly recommend it!!!! Here is a link if you have any questions. Page 9 is a good read. Good...