or Connect

Posts by WinterBaby

My chunky daughter use to get red and funky in the arm pit creases if I overlooked them any. I would dot on a little zinc oxide powder to keep things drier if it started looking reddish, and remember pass a baby wipe under her arms any day I wasn't giving her a full bath. That would keep away the full blown rashes for us.
Having had large babies, and a family history, I feel like GD is a possibility so I choose to have the screens, since out of control blood sugars can put the baby at risk, albeit small, and in the event of GD, keeping blood sugars well controlled does reduce that risk (still birth, hypoglycemia, respiratory distress.) Also having GD is likely to have significant implications for my own health in the next 5 to 10 years I'd be interested in knowing about.
Is there an "in charge" Dr. in your practice? The one who owns the practice for example? I'd schedule an appoinment with that Dr. - or the Dr. whom you've seen the most to talk about the vbac. If there was a change in their policies or plans I really think you should have been approached by one of the Dr.s you had discussed it with, not blindsided by an unfamiliar Dr, and I'd want to discuss how they handled things and how poorly and unprofessionally it was done. Also,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Beachykeen I just was wondering where everyone gets off being so judgemental? Deliver your babies however you like... what business is it of yours how other people deliver theirs. I agree that someone wanting a cesarean just to avoid the "inconvenience" of labor is not the ideal situation. I have just been reading all of the negative posts about women having cesareans because of the size of the baby. I go in for my cesarean...
Quote: Originally Posted by Natural Mommy*J it pricks the bottom of the little baby's feet multiple times, and most of them get very distressed. I think this is all about technique - my babe spent a couple weeks in the nicu and had his little heels lanced so many times I'm *still* lamenting the scarring a month later, lol. Every heel stick I witnessed neither distressed him much nor took more than one stick to fill up whole little tubes. But...
Sorry to hear about Tori Spelling's surgery - doesn't seem as though that was what she planned. As for many stars and their planned c-sections - I was given to understand that active herpes infection probably played a role in the choice.
Certainly you don't have to have the records she keeps transfered to any other furture care provider. And yes, if you transfer with no testing they'll assume a positive and really push for antibiotics. I tested for GBS in my last pregnancy to have results on file in case of transfer. And I did end up transfering and was glad I had opted for testing - it was one less hassle at the hospital, lol. In the event of positive testing - I'd also want to be aware of it,...
I've never heard of a hospital visiting policy that barred siblings! They all generally bar young children *except* siblings - are you sure yours doesn't have the same exception? And sometimes visiting policies are often just policies, not hard and fast rules. In other words, you can talk to your Dr. about how to get an exception for a nursling. That said, GBS probably wouldn't be the sole factor to cause me to choose a birthplace. If I were chooisng the homebirth, I...
I'd find a new pediatrician - why on earth would you go to a hospital to put a few dots of blood on a card to be sent to a lab? My pediatrician does the PKU stick right in her office for us and sends it off. It's a screen I definately want done, but not at a hospital. If a ped office can't manage this I'd be worried they'd be sending us off to the hospital for all manner of other things they ought to be able to handle more easily in office.
It sounds like it could well be that outer membrane thing with so small an amount. I also had a little break like you describe, walked around for a couple days leaking small amounts everytime I moved. But it was a high leak, the forewaters were still intact. You might feel if yours are still intact, and if they are you don't have to worry about that 24hr/inection thing. There's not that easy entry point for bacteria with a high leak like there is when you get that full...