or Connect

Posts by noah's_mama

I felt kind of guilty using it at first, but a swing has saved my sanity. I have two other sons, 4 and 2 years old, and I had to have some help. DS 3 would cry constantly unless he was held or nursing, so my mom suggested a swing. It was the only thing that helped her when my older brother was a baby. Luckily, my husband found one for $2 at a yard sale this past Saturday. Now DS 3 is taking naps regularly, and I am a much better, less frustrated mother.
I'm a lurker here, but I'll chime in on this. My son was born on 5/31, and he went through this about a week ago. I had to use the bulb thing (my older boys call it the "nose horn") on his nose a few times to help him breathe because he was so stuffy. Of course he hated that, but it helped. He vomited once, and I noticed a big piece of snot in it (isn't this a nice description), so I think he had that in his throat, and it gagged him. That could be what's going on...
I'm due on Saturday, and I've cleaned mine the whole time. I don't know what would be dangerous about it.
I'm 27 weeks, and I've gained 27 pounds so far (or maybe more). I gained 45-50 pounds with previous pregnancies, so I guess it's the norm for me. I feel like I've been eating non-stop lately as well, and my sweet tooth has been terrible too. It wasn't that bad with my other pregnancies, so this is kind of new for me. To make you feel better, I have easily lost the weight by nursing both times, so I'm hoping I'll be so lucky this time around. Just try not to stress too...
I found a polyp on my cervix a few months ago (totally freaked out before I figured out what it was), right before I found out I was pregnant (due in May). My OB-GYN said there was no point removing it, and my pap smear came back normal. My midwife said she would check it before my due date just to make sure it hasn't grown very large. (I haven't wanted to check my cervix lately) I asked midwife if it's common for polyps to come off during birth, but she said "no." I...
My mom and I were all ready to start the adventure of dumpster diving on our weekly get together time, but sadly, every time we went to look in a dumpster, we found that all the stores had big trash compactors instead of dumpsters. It's weird. Maybe it's just the stores in this area. I would love to find some good free stuff. I wish I had dumpsters like yours.
My husband and I are in the same situation as you. We make about the same income, but it is stable, and my husband's job has perks that help us a lot but don't necessarily show up as "income." We also live a lifestyle that is not exactly mainstream. I was disappointed to find out that even if we qualified for a country's specific income requirement, there is also an income requirement in the United States (so many times the poverty level--you can find it online), and...
I am so sorry.
I realize you feel your parents went way outside of the bounds they should have in cutting your son's hair, but remember, they are your ds's Grandparents. This relationship is so much more important than hair. It doesn't seem they would have done this to hurt you or your child. Tell them you don't want it to happen again, and move on. It's just hair, and it will grow back. Don't let your child lose such an important part of his family life. You'll regret it in the...
I sometimes wait three days to get the eggs out of my coop , and I've never gotten sick. Eggs have not been refrigerated until fairly recently. Since the "bloom" (which keeps bacteria out) has not been washed off the eggs, they're probably fine. I always put mine in the fridge after I wash them though. Believe me, you'll know when you find a rotten egg.