or Connect

Posts by Lil'M

I vote for the alarm. We used an alarm from bedwettingstore.com and got a very helpful book to go with it. It really explained why bedwetting happens, esp. with older kids and gives clear information on how to use the alarm to end bedwetting. My friend used it with her child too with great success. The thing that was important, was that once we explained how it worked, both of our kids wanted to try the alarm. I also think consistency would be important, so you may...
In our state, formula feeding moms at WIC only get checks for themselves up to 6 months. Breastfeeding moms get checks for 1 year. In our office, if a mom is bf past a year, she can get bf support (via meeting with a peer counselor or lactation consultant), just not checks. If you don't like the food on your or your child's checks, there are some subtitutions allowed. Call your office to see what needs to be done b/c you may need a doctor's note if you want soy milk or...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaChicken I can't say that I would take it. Seems like a lot of stress and work for a job (not a career?) that you aren't sure you would like? I got roped into taking on a more managerial position at my job because they needed somebody to do it and I was flattered that my boss wanted me to do it. But I never wanted to do that kind of work and I was right--I really don't like it and now I'm sort of stuck with it.
I'm not interested in defining it for others, but for me I definitely didn't have 2 breasts exposed while only feeding with one and I did my best not to show my breast without a baby attached for more than the few seconds it took to latch on. I didn't pull my breast out of the top of my shirt, but always the bottom. There were times when one of my babes was in the popping on and off phase and I often tried to find more private locations to nurse or if I was at a public...
I would go with Utah also. If it's just for a few years and a means to set up the rest of your life, it seems worth it to me. If dh and I were both students, and had to work as well, that would be harder on our kids than if we didn't have to work and had family support nearby. I would place that above me not living in exactly where I wanted to temporarily.
Well, if your baby is not allowed in the courtroom, could you have a friend/relative stay with your baby in the hallway (maybe wearing baby in a sling if that is what is familiar to your babe) and you can let the court know that you need breaks every two hours to go out to the hallway to breastfeed? I would call and see if that would work. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple Cat We don't do Montessori. But what really resonanted to me was that you were looking for a "feeling" in the class, which is exactly what I look for in schools. I would encourage you to trust your "gut" impression. If the feeling doesn't resonate, then it's not a good "fit." Notice, I didn't say a "bad program," just a poor "fit" for what you feel is right for your family. When I was touring...
Quote: Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma If we manage to wake up early enough, say around 5 instead of 5:45, she'll nurse and fall back asleep. Those morning were WAY easier because I did all my morning prep without DD, and then I woke her up right before we had to leave. The communute went swimmingly, and I just fed her fruit on the way. I just don't know how to make that happen *every* morning! Maybe set an alarm clock for 5 am if that...
I second Target. They have both plain and with fun designs and are very reasonably priced.
I've heard people suggest using the baby food meats in soups/stews.