or Connect

Posts by sophiesgrandma

I would advise him to see his internist and get a complete work-up including stress test, ekg, fasting cholesterol, etc. If he is overweight and not exercising or eating right, it could possibly be a heart issue. The sudden sweating with no cause is concerning. I speak from experience with my dh. Your best gift to him would be encouraging him to see a doctor.
500 calories a day is NOT enough and dangerous to your health.
Tachycardia is considered a heart arythmia if it lasts longer that a little while. If he has'nt done anything or taken any med to cause it, it should be investigated.
I agree-don't use table salt-use the packets specially made for the neti. If the water does'nt come out it does'nt neccessarily mean there is more "gunk". It could mean that you are very congested-that your nasal passage and sinus tissue is all swollen. In that case don't use the neti or some water could get stuck in there and cause more problems. If the water is'nt flowing, the neti pot will do nothing.
It's called tachycardia-anything above 100 and he should be seen by an md cause it can be a dangerous condition.
If he experiences that kind of fast heart rate for a long period of time, I would take him to the doc or emergency room.
My HDL was great (77) but my LDL was too high at 135. I was already exercising and eating lots of veggies. I decided to cut out the sugar and white flour and rice (which I was only eating a little of). I do admit I was eating too much sugar. I added 2 tablespoons of ground flax to my diet and upped my nuts and olive oil and ate even more veggies and fruits. My protein comes from beans, wild salmon and sardines with some chicken and very rarely beef. I eat tons of...
Have your dad ask the MD if he can begin an exercise program. Exercise is important for the entire family. Lots of fresh veggies and fruits. That should be the majority of your diet. Lots of fish especially wild salmon. Portion control for pasta, rice and bread. Only whole wheat and whole grain for the breads, pastas and use only brown rice. Broccoli and cabbage and cauliflower. Spinach and Kale. Apples, oranges, berries. Beans are great for heart health. Olive oil....
Thats great news about no eye problems. I'm sorry about the virus though.
I believe your child can make her own decision on whether to see her grandmother in the hospital. It might be better for her to remember her grandmother as a healthy, vibrant engaged person rather than how she is now. Your daughter knows what she can handle and maybe it would be better for her in the long run if you supported and respected her feelings as to whether or not she should see her.