or Connect

Posts by BelCanto

Hi and thanks so much for your reply ms. shell!   I wanted to share what my dd has finally settled on in terms of a craft projects for her birthday: Glass marble magnets like the ones here: http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/marblemagnets/ and  these cute clay bead necklaces from http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/kids-accessories#slide_16   lol...just realized one is from marthastewart.com and the other from notmartha.org!    Should be fun!!...
Hi and thanks so much for your replies! Such great ideas!   I wanted to share what my dd has finally settled on in terms of a craft projects for her birthday: Glass marble magnets like the ones here: http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/marblemagnets/ and these cute clay bead necklaces from http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/kids-accessories#slide_16   lol...just realized one is from marthastewart.com and the other from notmartha.org!    Should be fun!!...
  Hi! (This is cross posted in arts & crafts...)   Help! I am here to beg and plead for craft ideas for my 9 y.p. dd's birthday party this week! She is having about 7 girls over and she wants to do crafts...I thought this was going to be so easy to put together but so far, we have not found any crafts that we are crazy about. I'd like them to be somewhat meaningful, but at the same time, I'm hoping to not spend too much money.   One thing she wants to do is...
Hi! I didn't even know this craft forum existed here...I guess I spend most of my time over in gentle discipline!    I am going to browse around a little later today, but wanted to beg and plead for any craft ideas for my 9 y.p. dd's birthday party THIS WEEK! She is having about 7 girls over and she wants to do crafts...I thought this was going to be so easy to put together but so far, we have not found any crafts that we are crazy about. I'd like them to be somewhat...
Hi have not heard of Dr. Young in Cary...but am interested. I've been thinking of switching as well. Can someone tell me more? I'm going to look for the practice online right now as well. Thanks!   Good luck with your search. I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I think I would feel pretty blindsided, especially ofter 8 years....   Jen
Thanks for the replies! I haven't been on in the last few days...   The social stuff seems to be better...at least for now. But I agree - it is best to listen and not necessarily try and fix things.   Funny, the other night when my dd was so upset... I was using some of the "tactics" from "How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen" and she blurts out, (basically just restating her feelings to show that I am listening, without trying to put judgements or fix) "It is so...
She'll do great!! :)
Hi. My ds is 51/2 and is still doing this. BUT, it has gotten better. I weaned him at 3.5. He didn't want to at all, but it was just time (and I had surgery which was kind of a good stopping point). Although the grabbing and touching was annoying to me, I realized that it was his comfort object. He never had anything else - so we had to gently ween from that as well.   This is what we did. I started by limiting it to home only. We also started talking bout...
Lately, my dd has been complaining a lot about friends at school, "nobody likes me, so and so didn't invite me to the b-day party, everyone hates me..." This has happened before, but it just seems like lately it is everyday. She seems to be very sensitive to what other kids say/think.   She does not have a "best friend" in class, but rather has many friends that she plays with. Her teacher always says that she is very well liked and gets along nicely with everyone...
Hi - so glad you persisted! My ds got glasses when he was 2 because his eyes were turning in. He fights everything and I just knew wearing glasses was going to be a HUGE struggle. BUT....it wasn't! I couldn't believe it! One thing that was actually easy for us. The first week was a little touch and go. I just let him wear them as long as he would tolerate and continued to explain that they were to help his eyes. He did well and after a few days took to them really...