or Connect

Posts by Cornelia

Colostrom will combat systemic yeast?  That might be a viable option for him.  He's scheduled to re-start IV antibiotics first of July, and I expect we will battle the yeast symptoms yet again, as we seem to do everytime we do these antibiotics.  I will research the colostrom and run it by his GI to extra careful about liver function.  I wonder if colostrom might help with inflammatory processes as well, since he has significant inflammatory issues in his lungs (takes...
I notice you haven't responded to messages on this forum in over a month.  I am hopeful you will respond shortly as I am in need of advice.  I have a medically complex child whom I have noticed has systemic yeast (yet again).  He has CF, Autism, and end-stage Hepatic Cirrhosis (secondary to his CF).  He takes Rifaximine the first and third weeks of every month prophylactically to control Hepatic Encephelitis.  He is also maintaining his standard CF treatments to maintain...
With multiple medications, your pharmacist becomes your best friend.  Find a pharmacy that will partner with you and not merely be a stopping ground.  When we move, the first thing we scout out is which pharmacy has a pharmacist who is going to work with us and advocate for us.  Then, we get all of our meds filled at the same pharmacy, especially for the child on a buttload of medications.   I have a pill tray for managing medication administration.  I fill it once a...
I realize this thread is quite old now.  However, you asked a question and no one was able to answer you.  I don't have a perfect answer, but I do have an answer.   For years, I did not deny the finality and terminality of this disease.  I have known, and I have known that with his liver disease, my son will die sooner rather than later.  However, you cannot sleep at night if all you can think about is the final chapter.   You cannot know when the final chapter...
We knowingly adopted a child with CF.  That we felt we could handle.  Then he was diagnosed with Bipolar and I was mad.  A year later, he was diagnosed with Autism.  I haven't quite gotten over my angry about that one, three years later.  He did NOT deserve all of this garbage.  He just didn't.   CF sucks.  There's no better word for it, really there's not.  We just got out of our second inpatient this YEAR, and it's a sad day when the CF parents chat in the kitchen...
So, my Dh informed me the day before Labor Day that our attorney got back to him the very week after the incident. Our attorney instructed me to simply continue using the pool as there is no room for interpretation to the law and it is VERY clear. Had I known, I would have gone back to the pool with a copy of the state statute, my attorney's contact information and a friend in tow. Instead, I found out the day before the pool closed for the year. Dh insists he just...
The news declined the story. Our attorney is still gone until first of the week. The Chair of the BoD for the HOA finally returned DH's call today. But, he was in the ER with a medical issue on one of our kids and couldn't take the call. The plan is to return to the pool as a family this weekend, so long as its not raining. We'll take a copy of the statute, contact information for our attorney. And, if baby needs to nurse then I'll meet his needs like I always do.
The news declined to take the story. We just have to wait for our attorney to come back to town.
Just for clarification, as the OP am I also expected to edit my frustration and references to this man? I have, afterall referred to him as stupid and a jerk that I can find in a quick check of my posts. I feel my adjectives are justified and appropriate to my situation but I am now wondering if I'm being asked to not express myself as the offended party in order to comply with apparent board rules. I'd certainly rather edit than have my posts deleted. But, I'd...
I heard back from LLLI. The official word from the League is that they cannot offer legal advice, but they are not aware of a recourse within the statute in my state for when my rights ARE violated. However, they commended me for quick action, for knowing my rights and the law and for immediately involving an attorney. They have asked that we convey absolutely everything to our attorney as they feel he will find a legal angle to pursue for the violation of my rights...