or Connect

Posts by Cornelia

Apparently I'm not allowed to post his words without his permission... REASON means you don't blatantly disregard a law you are aware of and violate someone's rights. And, his bio with the HOA says he's a retired Lt. Colonel with the Army, so he darn well should understand what upholding the law means in the first place! I did ask my friend who was at the pool with me Friday, is there any bigotry he could aim at me that he MISSED? Cause he sure seems to have spewed...
Well, took 5 minutes from sending the email for the reporter to respond. She's going to present this story at the morning meeting tomorrow.
He contacted LLLI via phone, was told to leave me alone, was told the law and was warned that a pool just tried this last week and it was all over the news. He then came and harrassed me (after his assistant manager had done so twice already). He then emailed the leader stating he was aware of the law and wanting HER help to make me stop. That email is when he spouted off about the kids, the "foster kids " (aka, 3 are minorities) and the disabilities. The leader...
DH is contacting the media. He's trying get a phone consult with our attorney while he's on vacation. And, I'm going to talk our lawyer about a lawsuit in this situation. We were reasonably sure we were targeted because of the kids (who are NOT fosterkids, they are MY children though they don't all color-match me, and yes one of them has significant disabilities related to having Cystic Fibrosis and 6 years of abuse and neglect before entering our home, but none of...
Buttercup, I've nursed for 10.5 years non-stop and this is a FIRST for me. But, there's MORE. My lawyer is on vacation and we are only in email contact with him. Meanwhile: Oh.My.Gosh! My pool manager is running his mouth online He contacted the local LLLI leader. BUT....he put it in WRITING. His issues are ~I'm nursing *in* the pool ~I'm a "young lady" at 32 ~I won't be reasonble ~I had the baby in the water for 2 hours without re-applying...
Our lawyer is on vacation until end of the week. He emailed DH this evening to let us know that he will address this as soon as he returns from vacation. My main question is can I return to the pool while this is in conflict, and how do I handle the situation if it comes up again. I think I'm going to write up the exact statute and our lawyer's name and phone number. I'm going to take a friend with me and I'm going to return this week with every right that I have...
I believe the museum has gotten their instructions confused. We saw the King Tut exhibit several years ago in Tampa, FL. There was a VERY strict no food, no drink and no flash photography rule in place. Any water bottle or sippy cup that was spotted either had to be stored in a bag, or was confiscated. I was thankful I had a stroller on me that day because I had to put all our water bottles in backpacks (after the backpacks were searched) and stash them under the...
Two days before the Tsunami hit the Indian Ocean, our adoption agency called me to tell me that our son in S. India had just been taken to the hospital with a brain bleed. The phone lines then went down for a week. That was the most miserable Christmas I lived through, wondering if I still had a son, wanting to fly to his side, realizing that he would niether know me nor want me if I did fly there, not even sure what Indian law would allow me to do at what point in the...
DH sent everything to the attorney via email just now. AFA nurse-in, I am only allowed 5 guests per visit. But, there is a parking lot and a playground right next to the pool and there is no HOA restrictions on how many guests I may have on those. I could host a playdate there (and I've seen them done) so legally if it came to it, and I don't want it to but I want to be able to use my pool without threats, it could be done.
I'm a long-term lurker here. I rarely post and prefer my annonimity. But, I cannot and will not sit quietly after what happened to me today. Help me, please. If this needs to go in another forum, please let me know. I'm so NOT confrontational about NIP. I do it. I do it discretely and I go about my business. I do NOT normally consider myself a lactivist except that I am seen and encourage and advocate for meeting the needs of my children as they need to be...