or Connect

Posts by Cornelia

It is also worth mentioning that medical needs children require a LOT of care, and all the love in the world will not in and of itself provide that care. Our youngest was initially pulled into CPS care along with his 3 bio-siblings. The parents were able to find a family placement to take the other 3 kids. And, within 6 months they were able to work their case plan and demonstrate that those children were not in any danger in the home. Its been nearly 4 years, and...
If you read the links, DCFS has not yet convinced a judge of anything. DCFS is authorized to remove a child from their home for up to 72 hours without a court order if they feel the child is in immenient danger. At that point, they have to prove to a judge that the removal was justified and they have to prove their case to keep the child in custody. From reading the links posted, it appears this family is in that initial 72 hour hold and will appear before the judge to...
From my experience, its not the color of your skin that you wave to get treated differently entering this country, its the color and seal on your passport. Navy with an eagle automatically gets you better treatment. Adoptions are a feel good thing for embassy and immigration personnel, just like they are for lawyers. They get to be the good guy, to put smiles on faces and know that the lives of children are radically changed by their efforts. Most Immigration...
I did not have an UC but I did retain a piece of the placenta. I hemmorraghed immediately after birth and the midwife pulled on my placenta to try and extract it to stop the bleeding. I was given Pitocin and methergine and kept overnight for observation rather than being released straight home after the birth (long story but it was a homebirth gone VERY bad). On day 4, I passed a piece of placenta the size of a large apple. Having never done that before, I was quite...
I found a GM on Spots for $25 to try versus paying the high prices they garner. Since I pay $30 for a OBV BS Mutt happily, I was okay with $25 to try the diaper. I do NOT like GMs. They are bulky. They are extremely wide in the crotch. The hip snaps drove me crazy. And, I don't like the quality of OBV she uses. It doesn't stay soft as long as the OBV all of the other makers I've bought have. I have some OBV Holden's Landings that I've used for 7 months on a very...
Unless the birthparents have given birth to a boy before, its unlikely they would realize that the choice to circ will be theirs. If your friend would refuse to adopt on this issue, then she should tell them so. If not, then she can only express her personal desires and hope that the birthparents will at least consider her preferences. That said, your friend need not fear she must compromise her principles for what she sees as a vanity issue in the birthfather. ...
Okay, I'm not asking this on the Christian message boards I normally frequent because I do NOT want to argue. Let's just say while I'm not 100% sure I believe in strict evolution, I do not believe in Creationism as its typically taught. And, regardless of which I might belive in as a matter of religion, I feel its vitally important for my children to learn science from the normally accepted stance, evolution and all. I was not taught evolution by a rapid Christian...
I think you have misunderstood what I am saying. Circing is done in the hospital. The hospital will ask the parents when the child enters the hospital. Unless the parents have stated they would prefer for the adoptive parents to make the choice, the parents who give birth to the child will make the choice on whether to circ or not. Unless the potential birth-parents concede to what the potential adoptive parents want, legally there is NO choice for the adoptive parents...
For the homestudy I never needed to be more ready than demonstrating my ability to GET ready, depending upon what special need we ended up with. It was kind of like the whole, we'll put their bed here but its not here yet thing. To get the agencies to sign off on the referral of a specific child, we needed to demonstrate some basic understanding of the specific needs involved. And, to get court approval, we have submitted detailed action plans of what we have done and...
If the baby is being born in the hospital, the adoptive parents don't get a say. Until the birthparents sign relinquishment papers, the child is fully legally theirs. And, relinquishment papers are typically signed at the END of the hospital stay. The hospital staff will ask the birthparents whether they want the child circ'd or not. When they say yes, he will be. Rather than the adoptive parents trying to explain to the birthparents why they don't want to...