or Connect

Posts by Cornelia

We did change our ds's name. Ironically, its the first time we did that. But, we did it for some very good reasons. With our 2 internationally adopted children, we added a middle name and left their first names alone. We thought we would do the same with a foster-adopt. But, that turned out to not be the case. Ds's birthmother recently entered the meth scene. CPS knows this because her last 2 babies popped positive at birth and we were informed of this when we...
Nope, not if it was determined unfounded it won't impact her ability to foster or adopt now. We had a HUGE run in with a home health agency which resulted in a social worker making a false report against us, and I not only reported her to her licensure board but threatened the agency to turn them in for HIPPA violations if I learned she had continued to harrass the investigator who cleared us and went to bat against her for her behavior. The investigator is now the...
I know very little about adopting from Mexico. But, we adopted a son with Heophilia. What is his severity? Are you able to get factor to him right now? If you need help getting factor to him, PM me. I can get you in contact with NHF and the non-profit run by LA Kelley communications. If you want to talk at all about adopting a kiddo with hemophilia, look me up. Is my estimation that less than half a dozen boys with hemophilia have been adopted internationally...
We travel on Easter Sunday to bring our out of state placement foster-adopt child home. We started our adoption a year ago, total adoption has now been 13 months. We identified this child end of June. Went to committee first of August. And, 7 months after that point, he's finally coming home. ICPC was not the hassle we'd been told to expect. It was basically a bit of nothing. But, trying to work with his DCFS agency across the country has already been a living...
If it can give you any hope, ds#3 said almost the exact same things a year ago, that he did not love me, that he did not believe I loved him, and that he did not believe I could love him. About a week ago, he got into some huge mess and bawled his eyes out (something I consider a huge accomplishment for him, that he will cry and show true emotions sometimers now). That time, he said he knew I love him...he just doesn't believe I'll never stop loving him and he's here...
The first part of US Immigration is approving your family to sponsor a child. The second part is approving that the specific child qualifies for the orphan visa. So, you can file with Immigration without a child in mind. You do need to specify a country. But, you can change countries after you recieve your approval by filing an ammendum and it takes something like 2 weeks to forward the case to the different Embassy. Typically agencies want you 'paper ready' to mean...
I'm Jo, 31 and mother to 7 children. I SAHM and homeschool. Hmm, I had a lot of information on the kids, but I'm not comfortable with full disclosure. So, I'll make this short and sweet instead. Ds#1 age 11.5, a.2003 from W. Africa at age 7.5. Resolved PTSD issues and one scary flare-up of malaria since homecoming, otherwise a normal pre-teen. Dd#1 age 9, bio. Mild medical issues, ADHD and OCD. Sweet little mother-hen. Ds#2 age 7, bio. Scary smart. joined...
FYI, she's going to crash HARD after biofeedback sessions. Its strange to see that they do in fact work. But, ds#1 would sleep for hours after each and every session. I thought the therapist was crazy when he warned me, he was not. And, I had to comment on this one. Quote: Desta has very good taste in clothes but she tends to pair things in very odd combinations. I think it's leftover from her days in the orphanage, where she was simply handed clothes...
Youngest ds came home at 4y3m. I did not put him into an educational program until this last fall, 2 years after homecoming. I homeschool, so seperation was never the issue. He was not developmentally, academically nor emotionally ready for an academic environment until this last fall. At homecoming, he was biologically 4 years but he was developmentally and emotionally on par with an 18-24 monther. In addition he has struggled with RAD, which has been downgraded to...
Never under estimate the power of appearing terrific and compliant to outsiders. These power struggles are reserved solely for you. Tell her if she wants to volunteer, she needs to speak with the personnel at the Humane Society and follow what they tell her is necessary to do so. If they clear her, then you will be happy to accompany her. But, otherwise, she's on her own for this one.