or Connect

Posts by NZmumof2

We are very sad to share that our tiny son Theo Benedict was born still on Friday night at 18 weeks.  He stopped moving on Monday and a scan confirmed his death on Tuesday.  He was perfect and no cause for his death has yet been identified.  Please hold us in your thoughts today as we lay him to rest with his grandfather and in the next weeks and months aswe and our three big ones come to terms with losing our precious baby.   Anna, Leah, Bede , Emmett and Florence
We are very sad to share that our beautiful baby boy Theo Benedict was born still on Friday night at 18 weeks.  He stopped moving on Monday and a scan confirmed his death on Tuesday.  He was perfect, no reason for his death has been identified.  Please hold us in your thoughts today as we lay him to rest with his grandfather and also in the next few weeks and months as we and our three big ones come to terms with losing our precious little one.   Anna, Leah, Bede ,...
I like lots of the suggestions that have been posted so far.  I am bemused about you keeping your 4 year old inside almost all summer.  I have 3 kids aged 4, 9 and 12 and another cooking.  I expect them to spend most of their waking hours outside in summer and plan to join them for large chunks of that, either gardening or taking them to a river, beach or park.  If your 4 year old loves throwing stones into water you could stand beside a river for hours and he would be...
Hi Lisedea,   If we were having multiples we'd be looking hard at inducing lactation too!  Has your partner ever breastfed before?  If so that would make inducing without the birth control pill easier.  Just using stimulation with regular pumping for several weeks will often induce lactation in women who've done it before, plus if you were ok with using domperidone which increases prolactin levels that would help a bit too (that's my family physician...
My experience with progesterone is that my clinic would usually start weaning at 10 weeks but because I bled a lot in the first few weeks I've been kept on till 12 then weaned from there, I'll be completely off at 13w5d.  From my medical knowledge (I am a family physician / uncomplicated obstetrician as a job) the placenta is usually making so much progesterone by 8 weeks - even though it doesn't fully take over sustaining the pregnancy till 10 weeks - that it is...
Planet, the way wishingandhoping described using the moby is the way it is recommended for premmies, the key to safe babywearing of any teeny one is ensuring that there isa gap between their chin and chest, if the chin gets pushed down the airway will block.  We wore our premmies from the time he came home at 5lb.  If I ever have another premmie Ill wear them 24/7 at the hospital.   My daughter did the latch and wriggle routine when she needed to pee too.   Enjoy...
No idea what the "official line" is on this but we have used the same donor for all four kids, took me 6 goes to conceive with both my IUI kids, I did use clomid with the first after three non medicated cycles and injectables with the 2 after three failed clomid cycles.  My current pregnancy is with my partners egg and I doubt that at 36 I would have conceived with my own as they seem to have always been substandard.  That's not normal though - yours could well be fine,...
I like bummis whisper wraps for the little ones.  I think 3-5 is enough and 12 - 24 nappies, I like flats because they dry quickly on the line - April is Autumn here so AIOs won't dry without a dryer which I try to avoid.   I also EC so we often use far fewer nappies and last time only needed a flat cut in half for absorbency since it never held more than one wee.   Anna, in NZ, expecting #4 in April
Hey ftmswife,  I think you guys fit here because queer parenting encompasses transgender parenting.  I think a male carrying a baby fits within queer parenting.  I wanted to say that I am very surprised you would now tell your kids about their biology (assuming your partner is not going to be carrying your egg), personally I think that is information children are entitled to have about their origins.  My partner and I are both mummies so are not walking your experience...
Hey Wishin, we had parents in law issues too, my in laws saw the bio child of my partner as a true grandchild and not my bio kids.  When we just had the two boys (had carried one each) we wrote them a letter the Christmas the eldest was four and could therefore read the cards on the presents that said their names on his present and "Granny and Granddad" on the other.  We said it was their choice to be involved in the kids lives but they were either names only to both or...