or Connect

Posts by ChrUnschoolingmama

Thanks Jenn! I'll just have to wait and see.
What do you think ladies? My avg cycle is 26 days. My lmp was July 9th. Dh and I discovered female ejaculation on our anniversary July 21st and boyfriend did not pull out. So here's what's happening. I started to go ahead and temp beginning the 25th (wish I had done it earlier) and my temps have been steadily climbing (98.4 and today 98.8). My breasts feel weird and heavy. I'm hungry more than normal and the hunger feels odd (if that makes any sense). I'm gassy...
Hi! I think Ursula Miguel is near you. She's a midwife who delivers at hospitals. http://www.delvalobgyn.com/index.cfm...s/99839380.cfm The number is 609-896-0777 Two of my friends go to Dr. Bhaskar in Freehold. Her number is 732-431-9202. They like her a lot and they don't vax. Hope that helps!
Ommom, I've nursed all 3 of my girls beyond infancy, my first till about 18 months, my second was about 13 months and my 3rd is 2 years and 3 months and she's still going strong. Now, I don't know a whole lot about the dental part but I must say that my two oldest girls ages 11 and 6 have never had any cavaties at all. I think my oldest daughter has had one ear infection when she was a toddler and my two younger girls haven't had any health issues. My youngest hasn't...
Hi! I second, avalon midwives, and Lonnie Morris if you're doing a hospital birth. I just went to an amazing waterbirth at Morristown Memorial that was attended by Avalon midwives. Anne Margolis attended my homebirth in 07 and is wonderful! I met Jessica Lawlor and she's amazing too. There are several others too. Let me know if you'd like more recommendations. Also, I'm a birth doula serving your area and my website is www.empoweredtobirthnaturally.com I wish...
Congratulations! I wish you the best! It is cool to hold your book in your hand and know that you made it materialize. Wow!
You have a point there. One is either certified or not and certification doesn't mean one is experienced.
My prayers are with you. I really hope you get your VBA2C. I have a cousin in DC who wants one. She's not ttc yet either but really does want to deliver vaginally. I really hope it works out for you.
Quote: I don't think I would do someone's yardwork free for the first time lol. I agree. It seems kind of incredulous to think it should be done for free when I think about the fact that while attending a birth last week in which I shadowed a friend who's a doula, I worked as hard as she did. I was surprised at how comfortable I was and how I really did know what to do. It'd be pretty demeaning to go on to do it for free just because I'm not...
Great thread! I'm still meeting people who think that doula's in training are free unfortunately. I have yet to meet one that is free- and don't think they should be. My training is with an amazing local program in which I don't have to do any kind of paperwork for my first births. My trainer (and midwife) have both assured me that (training aside), there are many facets of my life that will make me a wonderful doula. The fact that I've given birth in all 3 places...