or Connect

Posts by appleseed

Thanks, everyone, for the supportive comments and PMs with ideas. I've decided to give up this fight this time Having a homebirth has also been a huge issue financially, as my insurance won't cover it and finding a midwife who is flexible on payment plans etc. has been imperative... it just seems like everything is pointing towards this not working out, at this point. Bums me out to admit defeat like that. I am going to find new doctors with a hospital with a better...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 What area are you in? Philadelphia.
What kind of insurance do you have? I'm in Bucks County and have attempted an HBAC and dealt with the insurance aspect extensively - I had Aetna PPO and they paid 80%. Generally, any insurance that will cover or partially cover out-of-network providers is a good bet that they'll pony up as long as your midwife files the correct paperwork. If you have an HMO, it's far harder and you'll probably have to pay out of pocket. If you have Medicaid/Adult Basic/anything...
I've been hunting all over the place for someone who could help me have a HBA2C. I'm relatively low risk in general, have had both of my C-sections due to positioning (footling breech and then breech/transverse twins, who were an HBAC attempt but we transferred because of the positioning and inability to push breech baby A out) and you'd think this would be relatively easy, right? Not. I just got turned down by the only midwives I can really afford because doing a VBAC...
She was my secondary midwife for my twin HBAC attempt in 2007. I liked her, although I did experience the lack of "click" that you describe. However I was a late transfer into midwifery care, so it's possible it would have developed over time. She did my prenatals and was always nice, and was at my birth and was a good, unobtrusive presence.
Quote: Originally Posted by jenmidwife2b Send me a PM...I can probably help you find someone. pm'd you!
Quote: Originally Posted by MrsMike Have you tried either Kathy Hindle/Janet Lewis with Midwifery Traditions or Barbara D'Amato with Valley Birthplace? Both deliver at Montgomery Hospital. I know for sure that Kathy doesn't take Medicaid, but she may be able to work something out with payment. What hospital here has the 41% c-section rate? I know the VBAC issue is insane in this area. Lower Bucks Hospital. It mostly serves lower-income...
If anyone knows of any resources or someone who might be able to point me in the right direction, please let me know. PMs welcome if you don't want to post here, of course. I'm low-income, on Medicaid (which won't reimburse for homebirth, heck, I have trouble getting them to pay for ANYTHING) and a single mom trying to achieve a VBA2C. Doing this in the "system" feels like I'm swimming upstream. My ultrasound and perinatal consult today (ordered by my crazy doc, who is...
Hi there! I'm from Levittown, grew up there, and currently live very close to there. I've lived in a few different apartment complexes in the area, treehugginmama is right - Orangewood Apartments are some of the best when you weigh quality against price, the management is fantastic and the apartments are well-maintained and large, maintenance is very on the ball. Highly recommend them. You could also check Craigslist out for private rentals in the area. Avoid...
EDD: 9/23/2010 Name: Melissa Age: 23 Location: Southeast PA How long it took to you to get your BFP: N/A, this is a surprise baby What number child is this for you: #4 Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Parter Jon, 5yo DD Juliet, 2yo DD & DS Willow & Adam Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Feeling very, very strongly girl. I don't care what it is as long as it's healthy, though! Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for a successful homebirth - last...