or Connect

Posts by KCMommy

You are probably right, Angelarose1, I guess that comment thread just hit home to me because I am an avid SNN follower and comment contributor.  I am conservative and usually of like-mind with those folks, but found myself on the wrong (though right, of course!) side of this issue from SNN mainstream.   Cheers, - Krysta
No problem, philomom - thanks anyway! Just FYI, here are a few of the comments there:     "Don't be so damned lazy woman pull the tit out of his mouth and make a friggin meal!!"   "I think these women have some issues of their own and need some professional help."   "I think this is more about the needs of the mother, than the needs of the child"   "All that does is encourage incest later on. Ugh."   "These women who breast feed 'children' have a...
If anyone feels like adding their voice to the comment section, it would be appreciated.  The responses are overwhelmingly against natural child-led weaning so far.  I feel like a bit of an oddball there for admitting in comment section that I breastfed my daughters past toddlerhood!   Link:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/sunnewsnetwork/posts/387233431318847
I am taking a full course-load of 5 classes (mostly in the evenings) manage a daycare with 4.5 workers, and am solo parenting 2 young children - one who still breastfeeding. While I am managing to barely keep up on the studies, the home life is hardly "quality". Luckily the courses are pretty basic, 2nd year Early Childhood Education, but there are a lot of time consuming ssignments. As for work, I am able to slip away a bit, because I administer and am not required in...
My "for-profit" daycare does not charge any extras, even for field trips skiing and swimming. We send home reports for each child with photographs every day, but just use our own digital cameras. I don't tend to host any parties, but would just hire staff to organize if I did. We charge less than all but one of the non-profits in our area. I would be inclined to raise rates if buying boxes of Kleenex were putting me in the red.
Quote: Originally Posted by EdnaMarie THAT SAID--The sweets. The negative statements. The sitting at desks with chairs for anything except crafts! The reading (really?)! That all sounds really inappropriate. I agree that this doesn't sound like a place to keep your child, if you have other options. However, I am just wondering about OP and some PPs abhorrence at the idea of a reading program. Does everyone think reading programs are a...
I start on Tuesday with 4.5 hours of classes. I am stressing a bit because DD2 is still not in the habit of being away from me and I have to leave my business and five employees to fend for themselves at this time of year when schedules and things are really fluid and some direction will be needed. But the course material should be interesting and is directly related to my field of work. I just keep reminding myself that sucessful completion of this semester will...
I have to agree with some PPs that it may not be an intentional slight. I am not great in social situations and will often chat on with a child without acknowledging the parents very well.
This is my first year getting a Canada Student Loan (and Grant, yay!) and I signed the forms at the post office, here in the Yukon. The lady at Financial Aid said the cheque would be mailed to me, unless I checked off a direct deposit. Anyone know when they send out the money for the fall semester?
Well, I did get true AF late Sunday, and it's been heavy. Neither my 7dpo progesterone nor 14dpo HCG and Progesterone test results have been released to me, but it clearly didn't take this cycle. I may skip a cycle to re-group, because I'd really like to track down a doctor or mid-wife who will help me inseminate without too much hassle. I have an appointment with a family doctor on Friday who can hopefully give me a referral. We have no fertility clinics in the...