or Connect

Posts by KCMommy

I operate a commercial daycare. Bleach is mandatory. It sounds like the solution in your case was mixed too potently, but this happens a lot - to us too. We make a best effort to allow the change pad to dry between changes but in the thick of things, and with new workers around, we did bleach a child's shirt on the change pad once. I purchased them a new brand name outfit to replace it. The bottle labelling colour doesn't seem like a big issue. As a PP suggested,...
Quote: Originally Posted by FtMPapa I've done a good job by all accounts of lining up people to go with me, people to drive me, people to look after my dogs for a couple of days, etc, but I keep thinking if I was partnered, I'd have a built-in support system which would come with cuddles. Of course, there are hard parts about being partnered, too, and I need to keep reminding myself of that. I try not to be so cynical about marriages after mine...
Quote: Originally Posted by Satori FtMPapa gives good advice, check the laws, I know in the US any child conceived while still legally married is considered a product of the marriage and your husband will be the legal father. Using donor sperm will not remove him from the picture so I'd double check it or speed up the divorce because this will only prolong and quite possibly make things worse if he's on the hook for a child he doesn't want (assuming here...
Well, I think I am going to be starting the SMC journey soon! I had some personal financial criteria that I wanted to meet before starting the DI process and things have fallen into place in the last month. Now, I still wouldn't mind losing about 20 lbs before getting pregnant, but we'll see what the doc has to say. I have a phone meeting booked with the doctor from Repromed in Toronto on Jan 7th. Very exciting! The only other holdback is that my divorce isn't...
I am a single mama to two super attached little girls, age 2 and almost 5. DD1 (5 years old) has only ever spent a night away from me when I was in the hospital giving birth to DD2. And DD2 (2 years old) was once away from me for 5 hours, but otherwise barely ever. Even leaving the room from her can produce huge protest. As a solo parent, I am just getting burned out (we also co-sleep and I nurse every couple hours through the night). I own a small daycare with a...
Thanks again for the thoughts. I know you are all right and I'm sure I will wait. But not too long, probably. We'll be a year seperated in December and able to move along on a divorce then, so I might revisit the issue then. At least after we settle custody. He has zero interest in our own children, so I can't imagine he would go after a donor sperm child, but I don't want to prejudice a judge against me, even if I think I am emotionally ready to conceive again. As...
Quote: Originally Posted by StephandOwen If you don't mind me asking- where (in general) is this? I would LOVE those ratios! Ours (per the state) is -5 infants (6 weeks to 12 months) per adult, up to 10 infants per room -6 toddlers (12 months-24 months) per adult, up to 12 toddlers per room -10 two year olds per adult, 10 two year olds per room -12 three year olds per adult, up to 24 three year olds per room Oh my goodness! I simply...
Quote: Originally Posted by UptownZoo Exactly. To all who think that this is a dangerous and poorly-managed situation, please write to your law makers and tell them. Because we (those of us who work in child care) are VERY well aware of the problems in our centers. We KNOW that our ratios are too high. Unfortunately, only a very few centers (those that cater to the very wealthy) can afford to stay in business with more reasonable ratios. The average...
Well, I guess I am just figuring the divorce will take years since its been 10 months without accomplishing anything - not even an interim custody arrangement - except spending $5600 on lawyers. And now my lawyer wants us to wait until December to start any proceedings so that my residency will be in my current territory and the children's status quo living arrangements will be unquestionable. But deep down I know everyone is right. I suppose it would be like entering...
My recurring monthly bills: Rent - $1350 Elec - $150 avg Phone/Internet - $150 avg Heat - $300 - $450/mo (in winter) I don't have a vehicle, but spend a fortune on food. Way more take out and restaurant eating than I would like to track or admit. I get $1000 in child support now, but am entitled to much more, if we ever get around to it. Gov't gives me $650 in Child Tax Benefit and $200 in Universal Child Care Benefit monthly. The difference, I pay for...