or Connect

Posts by daisies

I just wanted to let you know I am sending good thoughts to you. You will get through this. Hugs to you.
With my older dd, I bought WAY too expensive shoes. AND THEN...when I was pregnant with my second dd, I broke my foot and while I was in the office of the orthopedic podiatrist with my then 2.5 yr old dd, the doctor noticed her shoes and asked how much I spent on them. I thought it was a funny observation and question but I told her. She then proceeded to tell me that it is such a myth about needing really expensive shoes for your kids so their feet don't get...
Since my first dd was born, I have worked part-time, been in school part-time, worked full time and also stayed home full time. I have actually enjoyed all of those different scenarios. I am very strongly attached to my dds and resent the notion that because someone isn't a full time SAHM...that someone is less attached, less committed, a bad mother. Women...mothers...have so many stereotypes to contend with in our society. We have judgements thrown at us...
My thanks to you all for your insight. I did decide to stay home. My dh went alone. As much as I completely agree that funerals are not invite only and children should have been welcomed...I decided that this wasn't the time to try to change minds. The decision was ultimately my dh's grandfather who is VERY old school and wanted to very somber catholic mass ceremony and burial. I think someone asked if this went for all children or just mine...it was for...
Thanks so much to all of you that replied. I have decided to stay home. My girls and I will have our own ceremony to honor her here at our house. I decided that it just didn't feel worth it to drag them through airports and hotels...all for nothing but sitting in a hotel room. And I think I will be supportive for my husband if I am at home. It's so hard...and all his grandma used to talk about was how important family is. Would she want none of her great...
My dh's grandma passed away this week and we have already bought tickets to fly out to the funeral with our two dds...leaving tomorrow morning. We were fairly close with these grandparents and of course, all week long I have been prepping my older dd for the events of the wknd. Well, we just got a phone call that they decided to make it a NO CHILD funeral. This means no children at the ceremony, the reception or at the burial. Now, my dh's mother(whose mother it is...
I don't know if I have much advice for you...maybe more just empathy and encouragement!! I will say that we had a similar situation with my oldest dd and a neighbor boy who was 6 at the time. He always came outside to play when we were outside and at first I thought it was great. But, as time went on(this was last summer), he started getting mean. He would criticize her and even tease her if she was trying to keep up with him on a bike. I would always step in...
I am often a lurker and not often a poster but felt compelled to respond to you. My second dd was exactly like your ds. My oldest was 2.5 and had been the easiest most contented happy child imagineable. And then Sophia came. Sophia cried for hours and hours. Nothing soothed her. I felt completely hopeless because I couldn't even comfort my own child. And I felt so guilty and sad about my relationship with my older dd. I soon had ppd and was an...
My oldest dd has recently been talking a lot about death. I am not sure where it's coming from. She is 4 and has only known her grandma's dog that died. We talk about it very directly. I tell her that dying is just the next step in life and even when we die our spirits will be together. She has been very concerned about her dad and I dying. So, we just reassure her that we are planning on being around for a long long time and that our souls and hearts will...
My oldest dd is 4 and we have been doing Music Together for 2 years. She LOVES it still!! And now my younger one is loving it too. Our teacher is amazing and even though their official rule is 4 is the limit...our teacher said that as long as they are still getting something from it, we could keep going. There is all new music each term. I have seen my dd grow in the class each term. She gets more out of it now, I think. She is reaching what MT teachers would...