or Connect

Posts by Mamajamz

Everyone has been so helpful. I have read all your posts, and will go back and read them again a few times. I think it is so easy to get busy in all the things we do, although good things, and still miss aspects of life that are right in our faces. This is exactly what I was hoping to receive from everyone, a step back and some new thoughts outside the box of my daily routine. I felt like I was slipping into a black/white mentality of: "Is this normal or abnormal"....
Hello everyone. I need some perspective and ideas here. My DD is 10 now. She has always been a "high-need" kiddo, always complex, wonderfully sensitive and bright, but oh so challenging at times to meet her ever deepening needs. For a while she was just fine, but trouble started a couple of weeks before turning 10. She was crying every night because she was "that much closer to dying and losing us (me and dh) because life is just passing so fast and soon she'll be grown up...
Hello everyone! I was so glad to find this thread. I thought I might find some ETL folks here. I started the diet after reading the book in Sept. I have been poking along though, and now am ready to get back into it. I lost 6 pounds and need to lose quite a bit more, and mostly just want to feel better and have more energy. I would love to see some recipes for green smoothies--haven't tried that--I'll also check out more of the recipes I saw on the link that...
Thanks for your replies. I have just tried very hard to not "notice", which seems to help to a degree because at least *I* am not stressing her more. It has been a very busy fall and I think we are all ready for some down time over the Christmas break. Oh, about tics. I don't think she has a tic because she is able to control it. It is not involuntary. She is also able to change her habits as she wants to. Her habits have also developed from specific situations, like...
I'm curious to know what others have done to help a child with a nervous habit. It isn't a tic, just a habit. DD (8) goes from one habit to the next. I know she gets easily anxious, and DH and I are trying to help her in a more "global" sense to handle stress. My concern with her habits is that sometimes they are embarassing in public or just really "uncouth" and downright offensive. Other times she does things like scratch her nose or face to the point of giving herself a...
Jennifer Z--thanks for the info! I looked up the book, which led to a very helpful trail of even more information. Thank you. Megs Momma--Can you tell me what brush therapy is? I'm not familiar with that. Well, I suppose I could do a search on that one too. Thanks!
Hello all. I'm not sure where this thread should go, but thought I would start here. My DD was born 7 weeks prematurely and then suffered a horrible mishap at the hands of the hospital staff. Although we have to deal with some stuff as a result of that, we still consider ourselves very lucky/blessed to have only the minimal problems that we have. One of those issues is a tendency for her to be very distracted and disconnected from her body. I think she learned this...
So sorry that happened to you and I can't believe he didn't even explain what he was doing or why. Ugh! My brain is a bit fuzzy on this, but I vaguely remember hearing that a rectal exam was another way to check the uterus, maybe to palpate the posterior side, or if the uterus is flexed posterior. ?? I might be totally wrong but I could find out if you were still curious. But it sounds like you will soon get excellent and respectful care.
DH is taking an online driving course (due to speeding ticket. ) He just learned that boosters are recommended for children 4 ft. 10 inches and under. Beyond that they don't need one, and maybe even should not use one since the belt may not fit properly. The danger in little ones under the height requirement without the booster is that they could slip under the belt in an accident. To follow logic, I could see how if a child is taller than the height for a booster, then...
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions! I thought for a while about maybe doing a border in the original "little Mermaid" by H.C. Andersen, which would be adaptable to any color but I think it would be too involving. What I *think* now after thinking for a long time about it, is that DD is not actually visualizing what I think she is visualising about her room. Although she loves mermaids, she also loves flowers and gardens...SO, I think her room is going to be a rose...