or Connect

Posts by Mamajamz

Hello all. We're doing some decorating around here. The boys are getting a Spiderman room because the colors already match as well as the "stuff" in their room plus older DS LOVES Spiderman even though he has never seen the movies or anything---go figure. So, DD already has a beautiful comforter, valance and lampshade in pink roses. Can't afford to buy all new stuff. DD says she wants a mermaid room. She loves mermaids, oceans, the beach, etc. She loves princesses too,...
I've had success with two things in particular. First I saw a NAET practitioner and the treatment was very effective for about a year. I haven't been back as money has been tight, but have also found great results with the following supplement regimen: Twinlab Daily Two multivitamin Pantothenic Acid (B-5) EmergenC powdered drink Plus, I have gotten on a nasal spray, which I started before the vitamins. (either Flonase or Nasacort has worked well) One pump each side...
Hello. My DD is turning 8 this weekend and wants a princess party. I am having great fun coming up with ideas and such. I have heard of kids playing "Pin the kiss on the Frog". I'm wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for finding/drawing a picture of a frog, or other great game idea. Thanks ahead of time! MJ
Marilynmama: I looked up allnurses.com--Do you happen to remember which forum had threads from students/hs'ers? I'm done with pre-reqs. I'll start next fall. Ya know, I was thinking...when I'm not in class I'll be home with my other 2 kids anyway. It's not like my life or mothering will stop just because I'm in school. The only difference will be WHAT I do when I'm home with the kids or out with the kids. How hard could it be to spend some time at a hs activity or doing...
Wow this is SO encouraging!! I guess I had this stereotype in my mind of the "perfect" HS mom. What prompted my questioning all over again, was that I ran into an old school buddy of mine who said that the nursing program she was in was so intense that everything else in her life stopped, including her involvement in her kids' school. So, I assumed there was no way I should even consider Hs'ing if that were the case. I'll be starting that same program at another school in...
At the risk of being annoying by bringing up this topic again.... is it REALLY possible to give kids an optimum HS environment even if I am in school myself? Have you done it and still taken them to fun events and activities and somehow maintained balance through it all? Logically, I think I should probably wait until I'm done (2 years) in order to "do it right", but time passes so fast and my kids are growing so fast and I want to have it all but I'm not sure I really...
Food for thought: I have a friend who had a very unique and, according to her, undeniable visitation from her dog shortly after he passed.
I KNOW this is hard for you. So very sorry. I too have a very good friend online and we have kept up for years. If it were me...not a clinical answer, just what I would "probably" do if I were in your shoes. I would want to write something for closure, but I wouldn't do it right away. And then while you are waiting to know just exactly what to send and what to say, I would write many many letters to her that you DON'T send, just write them for yourself with all your...
Just another thought....Drink LOTS of red raspberry tea now to tone the uterus and decrease the bleeding immediate postpartum and thereafter.
Anybody have a shih-tzu who could enlighten me some. We have always either had yorkies who trained well, or big outside dogs and now we have a little shih-tzu who has a shih-ting problem. She SEEMS untrainable. I have tried all the "right" things to do based on what people have told me and what I have read. I won't bore you with the details, but now I'm wondering if this breed is just difficult or what. She even pooped in her crate twice within a few days and I was told...