or Connect

Posts by Mamajamz

I'm thinking of calling mine Birthpeace: Birth and Family Services because I'm incorporating my background in counseling. I hope to help families have the peaceful birth they want in the present, as well as helping them to find peace about any past births in which there may have been trauma or disappointment. Jamie
This must be a nasty cold out there. It seems to stay a long time, and then even cycle back through. I've been sick since the middle of October. I think part of the problem is allergies too. How in the heck can you tell the difference? I seem to have the opposite problem of many I read. I have more irritation than mucous. It's a dry irritation in my nose and throat with only small amounts of mucous. This sounds weird, but i would LOVE to have a good productive cough or...
Tabitha, I'm haunted by your words: "you are an awesome being, for laboring and pushing out a living soul and body from your body, one that you grew and nurtured for 40 weeks, and loved madly before anyone knew existed- you are beautiful." it makes me cry to think of birth as it should be- loving people surrounding a laboring mama as her gestating motherhood matures and she finally gets to hold and smell and touch the little miracle she created. birth and it's...
I'm very sorry I missed the part about it being a sub-board. I didn't know that could happen since the "Babe" board is already a sub-board, but if it can be set up that way then I think that would be great. Jamie
Ouch! Misunderstanding hurts. Been there a few times. Maybe time and distance will soothe the sting and make another path between you two if it's meant to be. Don't know your faith, but I would pray for her, not just for her sake but for mine.
Hi there. I'm fairly new to these boards, so I'm not aware of much history here. MDC is such a wonderfully supportive site; I was surprised to see that ppd had been incorporated into another board. I can understand why that would be so if there wasn't much communication happening there (?), but here is my concern: Our cultural awareness of ppd is still in the infancy stages. Women need a lot of encouragement that it's okay to talk about it, and even how to recognize it,...
OMG! I feel so many things...(okay, cool off)....I feel so angry at your midwife. WHATEVER it takes for you to birth your baby is OKAY. I'm so sorry your midwife was not someone you could trust. From what you described, it was as if she didn't even know you. Like there was no bond, no trust, so therefore she had either no memory or concern for your birth plans. YOu know, actually, it sounds like she wasn't really listening from the beginning. You can hang onto the...
I'm so glad so many have had written about this. DD has had this same stuff since being potty trained as well.she's now four and still has it. She has had only 1 UTI and never a yeast infection. This seems to be completely unrelated, and just a hygene issue as many have said. The ped. agrees--every time i ask her! I keep thinking something is wrong with her. Nope! Normal. No diet change seems to make a diff., not even adding tons of acidophilus. My DS is about 19...
Hi Everyone. Wow. Penny Simkin. Ooooh AAaaaahhh. I'm definitely jealous. I'm in the middle of my doula training this weekend. In fact, i really need to hustle my behind to bed. I'm also cert'ing as CBE. I hope to be done by Jan. or soon thereafter. I'm not sure how it's all going to work out, but i'm moving forward! Jamie
I'm so glad someone started this thread because this has been on my mind a long time. I had my son 19 months ago, which is when the dream to be a birth practitioner was also born (pun intended). It's definitely a calling that hasn't waned a bit in this length of time. I went to a doula training today, in fact, and will finish tomorrow. I sat there soaking up the info, feeling very much at home and at peace that this is definitely the direction I am meant to go. Then...