or Connect

Posts by Mamajamz

OH!! I am right in the middle of this too!! EEEK! I have finally seen the light that tv is robbing my kids of ....a lot. Long story...dish broke, no tv for 2 days. My kids were lost! It made me so sad so I had to bite the bullet that I've been meaning to do for a couple of years now and just do it. I haven't taken it completely away, but have put some firm limits for starters and may limit even more than that. So now my DS (age 4) asks all day "Can I watch a movie....can...
Could it be a vein...I'm so so tired right now so I can't think straight and should be in bed, yes, but I remember something like this and...what's the word for...those annoying veins...back later. too many babies lately...gotta go sleeeepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Just to encourage you...I talked to a doula friend of mine recently. We had met a few years ago and kinda kept up here and there. The topic of discussion was often how to do what we do and take care of our kids too. It was neat to check in with her and hear that things have fallen into place little by little through DH's job, through meeting other doulas of like mind. They have formed a doula co-op of sorts that isn't just a group of doulas thrown together but rather...
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I do know that her DD is a gymnast and is in a leotard a lot. Maybe that has something to do with it. I'll pass these along to her. Hopefully something here will be the magical key to discovering whatever it is that's causing it.
I specified CNM because in our state, at least, the CPM is trained to do well-woman care only, and this sounded like a case that might be a little more complicated due to the fact that she is seeking care because of a past problem. Here, the CNM would have more training and skills to handle a wider scope of assessment/treatment rather than the typical client who comes to the CPM healthy, and with the desire to assess the maintenance of a healthy state of physical being. I...
My friend's daughter is 7. For the last coule of weeks she has complained of her "privates" burning. Friend took a look and said it is both sides of the labia (not sure which) but there is no redness or itching or anything visible. She wouldn't think anything is wrong except that DD complains about it, even in the shower and says that the water was burning her. What could it be and what to do? My DD has had problems like that but I could always see it because she would be...
I'm not sure exactly but since no one posted yet, I thought I would. Doctor Jen? Are you around? I would think that for check ups, a CNM would be just fine. I guess it depends on what kind of check ups they have to do. A CNM can treat many things within the realm of normal or even a coupla variations from normal, and can schedule sonograms through her office and do bloodwork/hormonal evals. I would think you/she would get better care through a CNM, but then that is my...
I must admit to some squeamishness here - part of brain keeps repeating "Why would you let someone near that with a NEEDLE!" I'm trying to get over it![/QUOTE] :
Our midwives usually don't even go near the EPO until baby is close to due date unless there are BP or other health issues, and even then it is not until at least 37 weeks. When the cervix is ready, it's ready, KWIM? I would say just sit back and relax and try to not worry about it. Easy for me to say, I know. Drink your raspberry tea and have some nice talks with baby. When it's time, a great way to use EPO which I'm sure you know about, is to get a diaphragm and split...
We had a mom with a "hood" piercing not long ago. No big deal, though for me personally, I think I would hit the ceiling if it snagged on something. Yikes. It was never an issue in pushing or otherwise for that mom.