or Connect

Posts by IamPink

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerchild Welcome to MDC. I think that if you read the thread carefully, rather than just concentrating on people who's experiences are different from yours, you will find that all sides were discussed. I'm sorry that apparently you can't see that, because of your reaction to someone's different experience. Please don't come on here and slam people (because in essence, calling people who disagree with you "bitter" is a...
From the adult child's experience I think that it would be as varied and unique as that child. I didn't find out until I was 22 that my dad is not my bio-dad. I had so many questions that it's unreal. And the best part was that it was only brought up while my parents were going through their divorce... or I might not have ever known. My mom was insistent that my dad is my dad regardless of anything else. He raised me and was always there for me. He's my dad. I was...
Yes, thank you LohaGrace. That's what I was trying to say.
Right, and I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it. I don't feel that this thread belongs in this part of the boards. Surrogacy is not adoption. The child is created for the mother and with the father's part in it, the child becomes their's. A child is not a just a gift, some item that can be owned. But you have to understand that when a surrogate is used, in this case a traditional surrogate, it is not about giving your own child away. It involves much more than...
So much to comment on, where do I begin?! Quote: Originally Posted by phrogger With all of that said, all I can say, from experience is 1. it IS your child. Your biological child, your flesh and blood and while you might be able to convince yourself otherwise, someday it will come back to you. Been there, done that and I know far too many women who have had major emotional termoil about it. No, it is NOT your child. The intentions were for...
Thank you so much! I sure hope that anyone else out there that is on the fence can watch my montage and see how amazing it can be! I know that I watched a zillion videos and read at least that many stories while I was pregnant and it all helped to reinforce me to know that I coud have what I knew would be the most empowering day of my life!
I wish!!!!
I'm pretty sure that my ds, 17mths, has cp! : I'm going to take him to the doc this evening to get it documented. And, my BFF's ds, 3yo, has already been to the doc to get his documented yesterday. Anyone up for a road trip to visit us on Sunday?! Unfortunately, I'm going to my mom's house Friday for our Christmas stuff. But, we're coming home for b-ball games and all, so if anyone wants to come over... we'll be here Sunday morning! You can email me! Oh, I'm...
Thank you so much for replying! Oh, and he' is just the sweetest baby ever.. I attribute it to being my home birthed baby! lol My best friend just texted me and said that she took her 3yo ds to the doc (as she does with every sniffle.. ugh) and she said that he has cp. Ironic since the boys haven't been together in a while and both boys broke out today. Works for me! I'm going to check his belly out tomorrow and then go from there.
I have no idea, so that's why I'm coming here! I've never been to this part before, holy crap.. there's a lot of info! Anyway, here's the story: Very healthy, home birthed, breastfed until 11 mths old (self-weaned ), eats mostly organic, no vaxes (except when he was 2 months old and his EX-ped. did them w/o my whole consent), nothing has changed in way of cleaners, foods, Christmas tree & decorations have been up for a few weeks (same tree as last year), runny...