or Connect

Posts by Ligmom

Hi everyone :)  Just wanting to join the mix.  I am currently in my second to last term of my BSN.  About to begin my practicum (hopefully in L & D), and then on to graduation and boards in July.  After that, I hope to find a job and get some experience so that I can apply for CNM school in the next year or so.  Kinda scared to start this whole long school process all over again.....but I look forward to being a midwife so it must be done!  I have been thinking about CPM...
I am very concerned, as well. I live on the Gulf Coast in Alabama and we are expecting not only environmental ramifications, but plenty of economic ramifications, too. It really sucks, and I am deeply saddened at all the destruction this spill is causing. It will probably be years before our beaches are even close to "normal". And that would of course only be normal for what we see...there is no replacing the wildlife.
Renata was my midwife for one of my homebirths and I used a different midwife with my second homebirth...if you would like her information you can private message me.
Hi I am in Mobile...I second the idea of The Exploreum and the Battleship. Both are really fun and interesting. Also in Mobile, there is Bellingrath Gardens, which my kids always enjoy, andFive Rivers Delta Resource Center to see lots of local wildlife. Have you thought about heading across the bay to Gulf Shores? The beaches here are beautiful There are also amusement parks like The Track, lots of mini-golf courses and really good shopping Hope this is...
joining the crew i am new to this thread (and the forum!). i just returned to college after 12 years off. i am taking prereqs and apply in april for nursing school in the fall. i am currently taking western civ., macroeconomics YUCK, biology 1, microbiology, finite math, and a &p 1 oh, and i have a wonderful husband and 4 awesome kids. looking forward to getting to know y'all!
hey, in orange beach we always had good experiences at the pheonix condominiums. they are very family friendly and generally convenient to most shops, grocery stores, ect. i have also stayed on fort morgan road in a rental house and loved it! very nice but definitely more remote--beautiful. my parents recently bought a condo on the west beach in gulf shores. it's at the crystal towers and it's very nice. indoor and outdoor pools, workout room, arcade. we really...
i think women are afraid to be open and honest with each other because we are afraid of being judged and found lacking. i know that in the past when i have engaged in that kind of behavior it has come from a place of insecurity and a desire to turn the attention away from me and my life, my flaws, my imperfections. once i became aware of my motivations, and how much that kind of behavior served to tear down people and relationships i began to make a concious choice NOT...
is the midwife in lucedale renata? i used her with my 3rd baby, and i had a midwife from vancleave for baby #4. pm me if you want her name.
I voted arrive late at the hospital, but after thinking about this since yesterday, I really feel I would elect to have a c-section. i don't say this lightly as I have had a c-section and vaginal births (1 in hosp., 2 at home--all post c/s), and I am also a doula and natural birth advocate. I simply think that you have had two births and both times you have had the same complications--not a small complication--but very serious, life-threatening complications. I wouldn't...