or Connect

Posts by papercranegirl

I made my bedroom a place that I want to escape to- BIL gave us his old laptop and we also have a small tv w/ a dvd player in there. I moved my favorite chair from my grandma's house and set up a little bistro table next to it. Then I splurged on a really nice candle. It's the perfect place to read, veg, or play on the internets. The only problem now is that my middle child thinks it's a great place and I have to boot her out when I really need alone time. Many nights she...
I have a lot of original art from family and friends and prefer it but will also hang framed posters if they speak to me. The only one I have hanging now is Andrew Wyeth's Baracooon because I love it and there is only one original that I will never be able to afford. It calms me and brings me happiness whenever I pass it. Other ideas: -I hang the kids drawings. Framed correctly their pics can rival any modern artist. -Etsy is a great place for small prints or...
ohh my dd wants to go to that concert too. It's Slipknot, Black Tide and UnderOath, right? She says you should let her go. But she's also rocking back and forth over my shoulder telling me I should let her go so take it with a grain of salt. She's been going to concerts for about a year and a half now. She has to go with a chaperone and a friend and keep her cell phone on vibrate so the chaperone can keep in touch with her. Sometimes we chaperone, other times my B&SIL...
Quote: Originally Posted by MilkTrance That is the trippiest thing I have seen in a LONG time. For sure. I saw her going counter-clockwise and my daughter saw her clockwise. Then I got up to refill my coffee cup and saw her going clockwise. Every time I moved she switched. I knew I was scatterbrained. This just proves it.
I think you're probably over filling them as another poster mentioned. If you have bags that continue to leak after that you can repurpose them. My husband loves to use them in his toolbox. They're the perfect size and strength to keep drill bits, screws, penny nails, etc. in. They stand up neatly and can be labeled. Plus, he always gets a kick when one of his friends examines a bag that says "my mommy's milk" on it.
If it's an above ground stake, ignore her taking it out but keep mowing the disputed area as well. You don't want to give up your rights to the area by neglecting it. If it's ground level stake send her a copy of the surveyor's map that you should have received at house closing along with the bill for having the stake reinserted at it's proper location. ETA: thanks for the clarification, I was writing while you were posting
I just stepped on our woman doll yesterday. It has the same dress as the one in the picture. It was part of a Melissa and Doug dollhouse set that we bought about 5 years ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by MaShroom That is just the best feeling ever! The only downside that I've had the misfortune to come across is when they lay really heavy stuff on me. I just always hope I'm saying the right thing and giving good advice... I'm sure just being there to listen to them is a great help. Teens need adult allies and it's great that they trust you enough to lay the heavy stuff on. They no longer have to carry the burden...
I find it odd that Prince William is intact but there isn't a mention of Harry. I can't believe a parent would circ AFTER having left one son intact. Unless Harry chose to have it done later in life. Fill me in royal followers... ETA: I really wish I hadn't read that list. There's too much hotness in it. Must think about something else...Must think about something else... BROCCOLI!: (ETAA: I'm leaving the dancing broccoli, even though it looks highly inappropriate...
...They add you as a facebook friend and their friends add you and pm you asking for advice. :::::::