or Connect

Posts by mor

Quote: Originally Posted by AngelBee Just made this rule for our house. For each thing that comes in, one thing must leave. I've had to come up with my own version of that -- for each thing that comes into our house, 40 things must leave. I just took 3 shopping cart loads of books to Goodwill. But I WILL NOT BUY MORE.
we tried everything with our hysterical daughter who hated any of the liquid medicines and chewable vitamins because of the artificial fruit flavour. when she had to have pain killers after an operation, the ER nurse suggested we make her a milkshake out of frozen bananas, milk and cocoa. did the trick. now she doesn't even need the milkshake and can do pills with water.
I'm joining the thread late. I've never posted here before, but I thought you might be interested in the perspective of one more mom. My daughter was very shy, and was pointedly bullied in grade 3; she got on fine with kids older than her peers, but didn't like the cliquishness in her class. Her teacher decided this meant that she was socially inept! It also became apparent that the teacher was something of a bully herself. We did not have much money, but saw no...
we have various odds and ends around, mostly done by my daughter at different ages and a self-portrait that my husband did that is really remarkable (in a good way). one of the oddest things that we have is a faded old print in a scuffed-up gold frame that is a copy of a piece of Scandinavian folk art. the odd thing is that it is exactly the same as a picture that was varnished onto a cupboard door in the kitchen of a really funky and mysterious old house that we moved...
my 12-year old daughter is now at the stage where she wants money -- her allowance is small. She used to be VERY attached to her toys -- even though she really didn't play with them that much, preferring to hang out with people and talk. But now I've introduced her to Craigslist, and she has made her first sale of a lot of toys. I'm hoping that this is the beginning of a whole new regime of purging.
I pay my bills on the 15 and 30th of each month, and I have a reminder set up in my computer. I do love lists and diaries; I have a diary that is too heavy to carry around but that I like because it's a small 3-ring binder, about 4" by 3", that is divided into sections that I have set up for phone numbers, months, days, menus, shopping lists, books to get from the library, etc. But now because it is too heavy, I carry a tiny pocket sized diary that only has my schedule...
ah, the thread that never dies! or is it that it keeps on giving? I thought I had it all together with the summer clothes. Weeded out a lot and was down to some beloved basics --- BUT -- I made the mistake of not having colour in there. I kind of narrowed everything down to black, white and grey. This was sort of inadvertant, as these were the things that worked the best and looked good, but I've got grey hair and pale skin and I just looked kind of washed out and...
that sounds like it could be one of the issues around here. I had never thought of that. Thanks.
wow, erikandgregsmom's rant is about what I said yesterday to myself all day. for some reason yesterday was the tipping point and the mess was just too much. piles of junk all over, the floor in the kitchen was caked with dirt and covered in cat food-- what kind of idiot would put a white floor in a kitchen? I cleaned the floor and put some stuff away, and after a while dh noticed and helped pick up his stuff and put the laundry out on the line for me. what made me...
wish I had a garage. wish I had a family who would go along with this. tell us how you do, so we can fanasize...