or Connect

Posts by Eben'sMama

I'm doing great!  My private practice has really taken off, Bob and I are doing well, and both of my boys are loving their Waldorf School.  They've been going to Parent-Tot classes there since they were 6 months old, so it made for an easy transition to preschool and kindergarten.  Eben is in his first year of kindergarten and Eli is in his first year of preschool (July birthday, so he'll do 2 yrs. of PS).  How are you?  Hope you and yours are happy, healthy and well.  I...
Hey, ldsmom06!  Good to see you here!    I haven't had that experience here, but there are several Waldorf schools in the area and I think they are aware that if they don't make a good first impression, families will move on down the road to the next school.  Our school has an Admissions Director whose sole job is to connect with prospective families.   Can you walk in, introduce yourself and get an info packet once you move?  I have found that to be very effective....
The giant crane is the favorite over here. My boys play with it for hours and hours, lifting and towing anything and everything. The tow truck and dump truck are also faves.
I always buy woolens up a size or two, as it is easy to felt them a bit to fit if they are too big and then my DSs get two years out of them.
Parent-Tot class is fun, is a great source of support for parents who want to integrate Waldorf principles into their family life, and is a great place to meet like-minded parents IRL. It is also very helpful when it comes to securing a spot in preschool or kindergarten, IME. Most schools around here give preference to children who have been in Parent-Tot class. With many Waldorf schools becoming more and more competitive when it comes to admissions and having waitlists...
DS's preschool class is over 75% boys, so, yes, loudness is not only accepted, but appreciated there. His teacher manages the class very well, with a balance of gentleness and firmness, and things are usually very calm, even if they are loud, if that makes sense...
The expiration date should be on a sticker on the side of the outside shell of the Snugride. IIRC, most car seats are good for something like 5-8 years from the date of manufacture, so you should be fine even if the seat is a year old.
Quote: Originally Posted by RebeccaWo There's always the Mystery Spot, taking a walk along West Cliff or East Cliff, and getting ice cream at Marini's downtown. I would assert that the best ice cream in town is actually Marianne's on Ocean--red building on the left when you first come into town off Hwy. 17. YMMV, of course, but they have so many flavors to choose from, it's such a small-town feel in there, and they have my two very-hard-to-find...
Everything everyone else mentioned, and... Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in Felton. It's just a few miles outside of town and the redwoods are a must-see! There's a small loop and interpretive center--great for toddlers. The Seymour Center at Long Marine Lab has a touch pool where you can pet sea stars, little hermit crabs, kelp, etc. My boys love it there. There are great exhibits and if you take the tour you can see the dolphin. It's right on a cliff...
I'd pass. This isn't the kind of decision you want to make under pressure, and it sounds like your intuition is telling what's right for you. (And if J. is totally on board with the vas., it sounds like you have your answer right there. )