or Connect

Posts by Roxswood

Thanks for explaining :-) I don't have a high need for privacy, my dh having access to my phone and email means I have to do less general arranging and communicating of things to people. Mind you, I'll happily hand my phone over to my kids or Mum or close friends as well. It's nice to hear other people's point of view on things. Especially when it's so different to mine. Whether it's easy to hear about attractions your partner has depends on all sorts I guess, for a few...
Clearly our mileage varies, and thats ok :) I wonder if its a cultural or generational difference, I'd say the majority of people I know in happy marriages share this sort of information with one another. I can understand how you wouldn't be wise to do so if you were afraid your husband might be violent or react unpleasantly. 
I'm quite amused at being told my marriage is unhealthy :-) I didn't say everybody should do this, I shared my own experience of using radical honesty to help my marriage (as recommended by many therapists incidentally). I trust my husband completely, because he shares this sort of information with me I never have to worry about what he's not telling me. He feels the same and isn't worried when I tell him such things because in telling I am demonstrating my...
This happens sometimes to me too (minus the texting) and I find that telling my husband is the single most useful thing I can do to stop it. I have to outline to the person who would be most affected by me doing something inappropriate exactly what I'm feeling and what steps I'm putting in place to make sure it doesn't go any further. Then he can help me. Or you negotiate your own boundaries between the two of you, you might decide for instance that having a close...
I think once baby is capable of picking up the food, getting the food to their own mouth and chewing and swallowing that is the right time.    Babies do sometimes get short of iron around 6-9 months especially if their cord was clamped and cut early at birth so I wouldn't like to advise someone to stop their baby from eating, I think in a lot of ways staying out of our babies' way and letting them lead the way is the best course to take. We can make healthy foods...
I've breastfed wherever I happened to be with no cover or blanket for the first 2-3 years with both children. After that it was rare they needed it when in public so it didn't come up so often but I never had a negative experience. Some interesting discussions with family members but nothing from public. 
It's always difficult to phrase things so nobody can take offence. We used to have a rule on another forum that if a post could be read with different inflection to mean different things we as readers had a shared responsibility in avoiding unnecessary disputes and undertook to assume the most positive interpretation. That has been the most helpful thing I've ever learned about Internet communication. It is not just the responsibility of the writer. I also felt I wanted...
Just an aside, if a child is dairy allergic, they can still have breastmilk. Mum is not a cow and doesn't live in a dairy. Some children may react to fragments of dairy proteins in breastmilk and their Mum may have to go dairy free if she wishes to continue breastfeeding. If she can't do this, then allergy free formula is the only other choice but we don't have very much long term safety information about these products, they are life saving in the short term but from...
In every respect other than the bit where you said supplementing with formula is fine your top message is exactly the one that is in LLL philosophy. We can't honestly tell mothers that supplementing with formula is fine. Many babies will appear fine, but even small amounts of formula change gut flora for the worse, raise the risk of eczema, gastroenteritis and ear infections and SIDS among other things. Some babies even have dramatic allergic reactions to formula. How...
What a lovely idea, I have breastfed just about everywhere in the 8 years since my first was born. I'm also in the UK. :)  I'm also called Clare (although without the i)!