or Connect

Posts by Roxswood

I agree with Angela, the only way to get my dd to sleep in the night was to be beside her ready to nurse her as soon as she stirred, this way wakings would be hourly (or more) but only last five minutes or so which I could cope with. If I didn't respond immediately though, we were in for two hours of being awake to get one more hour sleep.. My dd never had more than 30 - 60 minutes total naptime in the whole day until she was 10 or 11 months when she started having a 90...
The biggest argument against spanking for people like your husband who see no harm in it, is simply that it DOES NOT WORK! Obviously you are here because you are having behavioural problems with your children, these are not made better by punishment, they are caused by it. Discipline is loving guidance, not punishment, and certainly not spanking. That is simply abuse of power if not the child. Do you think it would help to go to your DH in the tone of "Well since this...
My dd didn't eat more than a bite or two of food a day until around 20 months but somewhere between then and 24 months she started eating normally, although she continues to nurse with a similar frequency. I would say its normal, and you can easily wait another 6 months if your child appears to have plenty of energy and is still growing, even if not at the charts pace. You could try reading the book My Child Won't Eat by Carlos Gonzalez for reassurance, its a LLL...
You didn't have my option either! My dd was waking hourly at 6 months (and for the next 12 months) and now at 27 months wakes four to five times a night, which is heaven.
I always said I was Planning a homebirth too, and sometimes I'm sure I said Hoping, but mainly it was a way to keep people off my back, they were all convinced I was going to fail, and thought I was being unrealistic about the pain etc.. so in my head I was I AM HAVING THIS BABY AT HOME but when talking about it I phrased it differently just to avoid the challenges that I kept getting. But she was born happily at home in a birthing pool and it was all lovely. And it was...
We colour dd's nails in with crayon when she wants them painted "Like Mummy" she thinks its hilarious, and she looks so cute with blue, brown, red, black and purple nails
My dh was just fantastic, he waited on me hand and foot for the whole first 6 months when dd wanted to breastfeed hourly. He made it possible for me to nurture her the way I wanted, by taking care of me. The rest of my family were useless though, they just wanted to take my baby out to give me a rest but that was the worst thing because it meant that she came back totally freaked out and I would be standing at the window desperate for them to bring her home.
Hi Eileen, It was about a year to 18 months before I felt completely comfortable during sex, and I had only a small 2nd degree tear in my labia. We were back having sex after about 10 days, but it didn't feel quite right until 12 - 18 months later. Never really painful but we had to be much more careful about positions and had to be more gentle iyswim. My dd is now 27 months and things are better than ever, not the same as before she was born, but no pain or discomfort...
My opinion is that you're not depriving your children of anything unless they are actively asking to go and stay with other people and you're saying no. They will let you know when they are ready to head off on their own and all you have to do is let them do it when the time comes.
I use a modified version of time out similar to time in I guess, in that dd and I both go into another room to calm down if things are getting upsetting for either one of us, but I don't view it as punishment, just a move to a quiet place so we can talk or cuddle.