or Connect

Posts by Roxswood

I'd leave wherever I happened to be living. I'm in the US at the moment, but am originally from England but I would leave either one if it became mandatory to do anything really.. but I guess I'm all for freedom. In England it seems we have a lot more freedom to make decisions for our children than you do here in the US. There is no problem with not vaccinating, you might get a doctor who tells you you're stupid but they can't make you, you don't have to sign any forms,...
Definitely if you have any history of allergies, or any history of bowel problems such as crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, bowel cancer, or even just irritable bowel syndrome then it is especially important to follow the recommendations to breastfeed EXCLUSIVELY. Hence, no formula, no solids before this time (nope not even baby rice). Your baby's bowel is designed to deal only with breastmilk, and as soon as you give even a single bottle of formula you put the bowel...
OMG, I just read all this thread from the beginning. I think I've been sitting here for three days straight.. erm wonder where dd got to? I can't believe what people say, I also got the "Your milk is no good after 6 months" and "If you let her sleep in bed with you, you'll never get her out". The other one that makes me wanna scream is "She'll never respect you if you don't give her a good spanking". Like I'd respect someone just because they hit me!!
I used to just lie dd across my lap and squirt bm direct from source into her nose. It also ended up in her eyes and all over her face but I figured that could only be a good thing She never liked it that much, but it used to make her sneeze and usually all the snot would come flying out at me.
My dh has quite a big scar from his BCG, I have a scar but its tiny and hardly noticeable. Do they not do BCG vaccinations in the US then? Everyone had them at age 12 when I was at school in the UK (1991ish).
Its not about trying to make people feel guilty, its not right to put future children's health at risk just to save from making people feel guilty for the choices they already made. I do not believe that people feel guilty if they know they had no choice but to formula feed, I believe the only people who feel really bad about it are the ones that know they could have done something differently and didn't. That is not to say it is always their fault, our societies are so...
I just had to add to this that there is nothing scary about Manchester or London as regards your vax status. I lived in Manchester up until recently and then moved near London before moving out here to live in Arizona for five months. My dd was vaxed as a baby, but will not receive any more and my future children will not be vaccinated either. We travel a fair amount too, and I understand your concerns about the aeroplane I think that has to be one of the most unhealthy...
I'm still scared of diseases, although so far dd seems to sail through illnesses and recover so quickly and easily. The fact that we're still breastfeeding helps me to put the fears back, knowing that I'm doing that for her that so few people do in our society I can relax somewhat, but I wonder how much more I will worry when I stop nursing her. I worry about meningitis most of all, more since my friend's Mum died from it recently. One day she was fine, the next day she...
I feel the same way, my daughter just seems to sail through every illness so far, she has had illnesses but 48 hours later they're always gone whereas friend's children seem to linger in illness for weeks on end. My daughter was vaccinated initially but now hasn't had any since she was 8 months (we delayed the baby vaccs) and she is now 27 months.
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies No child is going to wake up one day and decide to use the toilet. I really don't understand why parents would put that kind of responsibility on a child, anyways. I disagree, plenty of children decide for themselves one day that they don't like wearing diapers anymore, or they see other children using the toilet and decide they want to do that too. I've seen it over and over with children I've...