or Connect

Posts by Roxswood

I'm not sure really, I certainly questioned them before dd was born, but went ahead with the first series anyway, although I did delay them and instead of 8 - 12 and 16 week timeslots she had them at 4, 7 and 9 months as I felt she was a little more robust at that point, and more importantly to me I felt I knew her well enough to know if she was having a reaction. She didn't have her MMR and I never intended for her to have it because I just don't feel that Measles, Mumps...
I've never been totally convinced about the safety of painkillers but I do give them to my dd when she absolutely can't sleep because of teething pain but its only ever one dose in 24 hours so way less than the recommended upper limit. I will be rethinking my policy on this now, but I think I would probably still do it some of the times (like when she was on a nursing strike because of pain from tonsillitis and didn't eat or drink or sleep for 36 hours the single dose of...
My dd stopped needing a nap most days at around 20 months. I found if she napped in the day she would be climbing the walls until at least 10pm whereas if she didn't nap she would be grumpy from about 5pm but would fall asleep promptly at 7pm and still only get up at the same time in the morning as if she'd gone to sleep at ten, and so she was actually getting much more sleep this way than by having a nap. We've always coslept but since she was one we put our mattress on...
Just a suggestion about learning to write, a friend of mine has a son who is a real perfectionist and gets frustrated because he can't make his letters look perfect right away. Anyway she has found that he stays interested much longer when they write in sand, glitter etc or make letters out of playdough. She just sprinkles a thin layer of sand/glitter/flour onto a baking tray and they write with their fingers. Then she uses her digi camera to photograph them if they want...
I think not having a tv, and having one but not allowing your children to watch it, are two different things. One is a lifestyle choice for the whole family, the other is a control issue. I have no problem with my little one watching some tv (though I prefer her to watch dvds instead of tv because of the advertising content etc) I don't tell her she can't watch it but try and make sure there are more interesting alternatives available and so far she's only turned them...
Oatmeal tied in a sock and then hung over the tap while you run the bath makes a lovely creamy soothing bath for dry itchy skin. In England chickenpox is something that every child gets pretty much, its not a big deal. They do a calamine in an aqueous cream solution over there that is less drying and some people claim helps the itching. I don't know if you can get it in the US though.
I would really love to read this book now, if there are any left MT I would pay for one, or if anyone is in Arizona and wanted to lend it to a visiting English girl (who promises she won't run off to England with it) it would be really really appreciated.
Don't let your babys out of your sight in hospital is the best policy for all sorts of things. I have a friend who's baby was given formula without consent who had a serious reaction to it and ended up seriously ill. Keep them with you at all times, you can't trust them to heed your wishes.
Hi everyone, I'm Clare, breastfeeding, cosleeping, babywearing Mum to Georgia who is just 2. I just moved to Goodyear, Arizona from England and I'll be here for five months. I would really love to meet likeminded parents from nearby if there are any here as we're feeling pretty lonely right now. My husband is out here with me training to be a pilot so he's busy and we've just got to get on and build a life for this time. If anyone has any suggestions of places to...