or Connect

Posts by Roxswood

Ah ok, then I guess a hotel stay with planned visits out someplace during the daytimes might be the only way to do that, which is of course going to be expensive.
Would it be possible to limit times when they are in contact to things like a meal in a restaurant all together (with someone sitting between them) or a trip to the zoo etc where an adult can be with dd at all times and engaged with her rather than trying to do jobs. I understand both points of view, I'm wondering if there is a way to limit contact to only safe very supervised short visits, without completely cutting it off, until she is old enough to understand the...
There is only one safest answer. Doesn't matter what the laws are, doesn't mean parents who don't know what the safest answer is are bad parents, but for someone to KNOW that rearfacing is so much safer and NOT share that knowledge is messed up.
I'm very sensitive to smoke smells but I'm ok with visiting my Dad (who does smoke indoors all the time) as long as he opens the doors and windows for a while before I arrive. The main thing that might be an issue, since they don't smoke in the bedroom you'll be staying is whether they were smoking in the house when their bedding etc was last washed and hung out to dry (maybe its not such an issue with tumble dryers). If you take your own bedding anyway ( plus pillows I'd...
Time is the answer. My second dd was just like yours at 9 months. My first was much worse (a good night was her only taking an hour of nursing to fall asleep in the first place and then waking every 45 minutes until we got up for the day, PLUS she only napped in my arms and only for 30 mins once a day). Its harder with subsequent children I understand because I struggle with dd2 as well but having been through such a bad sleeper I know it will sort itself out. dd1 is 5.5...
My second dd would have fallen off everything if I had ever put her down somewhere other than the floor or in a seat or stroller with harness. You just do nappy and clothes changes on the floor, make up a bed with pillows and blankets on the floor to simulate the couch if thats what he prefers. If you can't find anywhere for him to sleep other than the couch or the bed then you pad the floor as much as possible so if he does fall its not a big deal. We bought a spare thin...
Quote: Originally Posted by writteninkursive Um well, that's not really very reasonable. Wow, life would be boring without going anywhere! Not to mention, we would never have groceries! I had this issue with a child I nannied for and I stopped the car every time she took the harness off. We didn't go anywhere until she put it on, which was of course more effective when we were going somewhere she really wanted to go. She was almost 3y at the...
My Dad was a functional alcoholic I think, I know nothing about classifications but he managed to work long hours and didn't get into trouble in his job. He did get banned from driving for drunk driving when I was a child, and his marriage suffered awfully. He didn't drink every day but he got REALLY drunk at least 2 nights a week and I often as a teenager had to help him to bed, remind him not to pee in the wardrobe or down the stairs etc. My parents divorced just a few...
DD who is 5.5y has just started to stay alone in her room in the evening with a story cd on and a nightlight and toys in her bed. She often doesn't fall asleep for a few hours but at least we get an evening (if the 1 year old sleeps). She gradually moved from sleeping in our bed to sleeping on a bed on the floor beside us at about 3 years, then into her own room with someone staying while she fell asleep at 4 years. Then at 5y started to fall asleep alone occasionally...
How old is DS2? Do you want to talk about what your first one was like for sleep and what your sleeping arrangements are/were? I feel for you, my dd2 is not a great sleeper, she's actually generally quite a bit better than her older sister was, but its harder second time around like you say because you feel like you're shortchanging the older one. Maybe we could at least sympathise with each other even if I can't offer you any suggestions