or Connect

Posts by daisie31

Mine did, twice:(.  My first pg, I thought I was just having BH, they were painless contractions that came and went.  I mentioned it to my Dr and he checked me, I was over 50% effaced so was put on bedrest at 28 weeks.  I delivered that baby at 38 wks after 10 wks of strict home bedrest.  My twin pg was very similar.  I had a positive ffn at 27 weeks and a shortened cervix, maybe 2.8 or so.  Bedrest again and delivered them at 36 weeks.  Both times I was active and...
We seem to be going down the same road as you lately:).  When I stopped nursing to sleep, I did a short nursing session in the living room and then took them to their beds and told them, "time to sleep, close your eyes and go to sleep", and they did!  Just kidding.  I did tell them that and they cried and fussed but I was DONE nursing to sleep so I just patted the one I was putting to sleep until she slept.  It took one about 30 minutes and the other went pretty...
I just recently stopped nursing to sleep and just sit with one while she is in her crib in her room and lay with the other in our bed.  It takes just about 5 minutes each (I have dh to help with one most nights).  I would go to bed when the one in her crib would wake up, usually around 10ish and cosleep with them both.  So, to get to your question....Since stopping the nursing TO sleep, I have also left the one in her crib and sleep next to the other one (more needy...
Mine are 20 months and I just went through the same thing, my singleton did it too.  I cannot stand it.  I just started saying, "we aren't doing that right now" and have slowly decreased to only nursing before and after naps and before bed, through the night and in the am and then a snack or two.  Funny, when I am living this, I feel like I am depriving them and feel guilty because I am no longer allowing them to nurse on demand, but when I write how often I am nursing...
We had an almost brand new FL when our twins were born and it did not get the diapers clean enough. I got a VERY old top loader from my Grandma and put the FL in the garage. The TL does a great job and I think we are going to sell the FL because I can't stand the thought of going back to it for any of our clothes. Obviously, I would get the TL...
LOL, I hear you but these are easy as pie! I just started sewing this week and have already made 4 or 5 pairs and they are adorable. You can put really simple apliques on them from other parts...you really can't mess these up. I surfed around etsy for some ideas on how to decorate them. I did a happy dance the first time one of my girls wore a cover I made...they are amazingly cute and I have NO skills. You will be amazed at what you can do. Dena
Beth, she is really amazing. Her name is Sierra and she makes these because she loves cloth and wants everyone to be able to do it. If you contact her, she will make you exactly what you want..and her stuff is lovely, I love putting her diapers on my girls. Dena
Amy, again you have said exactly what I felt/lived through. One of my girls had a terrible latch and I was just too overwhelmed to deal with it for many weeks...I just let it go until I was able to handle it correctly. I have always tandem nursed them and it was too disruptive to other twin if I worked with the poor latch and they were eating so often that I didn't have a chance to work with it when the one was sleeping....aghhhh, it was so tough. She eventually got...
I have a friend who make diapers out of natural fibers and sells on Hyena Cart. She makes really cute stuff and sells them for around $15 a piece. She also makes wool and fleece soakers for around $20. You could get a great stash for a great price and she is super easy to work with. I think her shop is called New Skool cloth diapers. If you are interested, I can get you a link. Dena
You can always thrift shop and buy some fleece sweaters/sweatshirt things and make them out of the arms...super easy. I just made a couple pairs this week, some polar fleece and some out of wool sweaters from half price goodwil day. Have you seen any of the turorials for those? Dena