or Connect

Posts by frodo

I'm hoping to try my hand at flea market vending in a couple of weeks. I make hemp necklaces, I have a source for bags and homemade soap, and hopefully herbal tinctures. Eventually I'm planning on adding fast & easy-sellers like incense, bumper stickers and hacky sacks. I'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer me.
i do NOT want to go on welfare. i have been on welfare before. "glamourous" is hardly my concern. i don't give a fat damn about "glamourous". if i did i wouldn't be contemplating living in a school bus. what i am concerned about was that when i was on welfare before, i allowed myself to be convinced i had a "panic disorder" and that i "couldn't" work or function. i spent 10 years on welfare and prozac, being told not to work. i think for my mental health i really...
can't do readings in moravia proper, already looked into that and people are scared of tarot but i've just gotten into contact once again with some old friends in ithaca and auburn who do tarot, and hopefully they can help me with getting readings and a venue to teach classes at. transportation might be a serious problem, but maybe they can help me with that, too. bill (my brother) and i discussed the laptop thing briefly, but he built this computer for me himself,...
ok, let me rephrase: we are homeless and staying with relatives. this is not "extra money" or "supplementing" my husband's income. this is it. i can't put "limits" on how much i am "willing" to earn because, as stated, we are homeless and need to get the heck out of here into our own space. i think that's really the only way we're going to find a real solution to the tv problem, since we're guests here all wer can do is compromise. it's not my tv, i can't just march...
i'm new to the work at home mom thing. i'm a single mom, and right now i'm trying to start earning money online because i'm in an area where there are few if any jobs, and i have no transportation. my brother gave me a computer that he rebuilt, and insisted it run on linux, so i have the double challenge of learning to use a computer and figuring out linux all at the same time. i spend a lot of time surfing the web, trying to learn about the nearby cities, and just...
hi everybody! i've been gone a re-e-e-e-eally long time, so i decided to post here. for those who don't remember me, i'm 33, a pagan homeschooler, and have 2 kids, damien & shakti. for those of you who do remember me, i'm getting divorced again, spent a little time homeless in woodstock (kids were with their dad), and am now staying with relatives (kids back with me) in a little town about half an hour from ithaca, ny. i left rochester far behind me. when i first...
george bush says outsourcing is good for the economy. dh's job is being sent to canada and we're not invited to go with it. rochester's economy has already been "helped" by outsourcing to the point where there's no jobs left that dh is qualified for, and so it looks like we're going to be moving in april. we've lived here for 10 years, and my kids know no other home. i'm not worried about my dd - she's still young enough that she should adjust pretty smoothly. ds,...
which is healthier? i put my son in boxers because they allow more natural movement and air circulation. i think briefs provide an airless breeding ground for bacteria that i wouldn't want near my son's genitals regardless of whether he was cut or not. (which of course he isn't). my dad hates boxers and insists i could not possibly know anything about boys underwear because i am a woman. he swears briefs are safer and more comfortable, and that my son will be...
the rug is mine. i don't want to pitch it if i can save it. it has sentimental value. we are planning on moving as soon as we can, but finding an affordable place is proving very difficult. i'm sorry if it horrifies you, but not everyone can afford their own home, or even a decent place to live. we are not "poor" so we don't qualify for any type of assistence, but we can't afford the 3- or even most of the 2- bedroom apartments in any safe, decent neighborhood, and...
frodo lives! i've been away from the boards for awhile busy with my little homeschooler, but now i've a problem i bet you can help me with. i'm a renter, and our building has awful plumbing. the kitchen sink will burble from time to time and small amounts of soapy water will spill out of the drain. well, a few days ago, i walked into our hallway to find it flooded with dark blue, soapy water. more of the stuff was gushing unstoppably from the sink, filling the...