or Connect

Posts by Igraine

@ pokeyAC...   I am on a non-fiction kick myself.   How was #22 The Psychopath Test? Oh my and #7 looks very interesting!
I have been extremely busy as of late, but I am back to reading for pleasure again.   42) The Enthusiast by Charlie Haas "Henry Bay has his own America going. If there's an offbeat interest or extreme sport that's poised to sweep the nation, chances are there's a magazine for its enthusiasts, and chances are also good that Henry has worked there. He's a modern nomad, associate-editing his way from state to state, exploring the small worlds that make up modern...
41) "Chomp" by Carl Hiaasen. A read aloud with my kids. I think this is my favorite Hiaasen book so far. 
40) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I am not sure what I think of the ending. Just finished last night. Certainly not what I expected, but I guess that is good. 
39) Flush by Carl Hiaasen. Another read aloud with my kids. These books are really well written, funny and thought provoking for my kids. We have moved onto to "Chomp".
37) I also just finished "Feast for Crows" by George RR Martin. See kofduke's comments as I agree with them! What will I do with all my "spare time" when I finish "A Dance with Dragons"?   38) Lady and the Tramp, a longer, hard cover version that I did a read aloud with my daughter. She really enjoyed it and so did I. One of my childhood  favorite stories.
36) "Why Be Happy When you can be normal" by Jeannette Winterson. Wow, what a great memoir. I need to read more books by her. Off to place multiple books on hold at the library.   A great, quick little interview with Jeannette below.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12418162
35) Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke. These letters were just so enjoyable to read. A short little book and lightened my heart and made me think deeply about my life at the same time.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letters_to_a_Young_Poet
34) Home by Toni Morrison. I really enjoyed this book. It was full of emotion, strength, suffering  and loss like many of Toni's books. But I did not feel traumatized after reading it like I have with Toni's other books. I am not being sarcastic about that either. I literally had to stop reading Morrison after I finished reading "Beloved". This is my first attempt to read any of her books since then. I am glad I...
Amanda T,   Yes, I have enjoyed the G Of T series. Eventhough many things are different, I feel that they have done an excellent job capturing the story and the characters. It is a huge project. I am surprised that they have been able to cover as much as they have in one season. These books are so full and rich. I very rarely have reread books. I will probably read these ones over and over again.   Very cool middle name for your little girl!