or Connect

Posts by Igraine

33) A Storm of Swords is the third of seven planned novels in A Song of Ice and Fire, a fantasy series by American author George R. R. Martin. A second time reading this. I enjoyed it very much. There was a lot of details I forgot. Onto Toni Morrison's new book, "Home".
32) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.  These books are like crack! I had to set Storm of Swords aside to finish it this weekend
Sorry all. I have been really busy with work the last month and a half. So finishing books has taken a lot longer than usual for me.   31) "Hoot" by Carl Hiaasen as a read aloud with the family. We enjoyed this one very much. The kids took out two more of Hiaasen's books so those will be appearing soon. Happy summer reading everyone!
30) Clash of Kings by George RR Martin. My second read of this one. I was getting a little confused by the HBO series so I figured I would go back and read it. Glad I did. Such a great book.
Been rather a hectic time for me and my family. Sorry for not posting much in the last month or so. Not much going on with saving recently. Lots of car repairs, so I have a pretty low emergency fund right now. But at least I had it!    I did pay off our last car loan this week, so that will free up about $344 a month! I am very excited about that! I will be getting the EF back up to $1000, add money to my Christmas fund and start making double (or more) payments on...
29) What the Dog Saw Malcom Gladwell. I really enjoy Malcom's writing. He always makes me think about things in a different way. And I always learn something new.   http://www.gladwell.com/dog/index.html   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw_cmlvzwlI&feature=related
28) The Giver Lois Lowry.
27) Denis Johnson’s novella “Train Dreams". This was a really well written, snap shot of a man's life. He was on an "Orphan Train" heading out west as a child and the story intertwines  his limited childhood memories with the experiences and losses in his adult life. I really like the way Denis writes. I will be exploring more of his work.   Extensive review below of this book and snippets about his other works...
27) Timeless by Gail Carriger.
Crazy-busy month for me.  May will be better!