or Connect

Posts by Igraine

11) CAT'S EYE  By Margaret Atwood. Audiobook.      I loved this story. I will need to go back and read it. Audio books are not as enjoyable for me I found. So much of the story rung true with me and my relationships with female friends over the years. I love how she describes how she was at different ages throughout her life and how she interacts with the world and people of that particular time. The details are beautiful, painful at times and very comforting at...
Here here! Onto obliterating debt!                                    
10) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.   Such a sweet book. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the many comments that recommended it.
9) The Space Between Us, Thrity Umrigar   "Poignant, evocative, and unforgettable, The Space Between Us is an intimate portrait of a distant yet familiar world. Set in modern-day India, it is the story of two compelling and achingly real women: Sera Dubash, an upper-middle-class Parsi housewife whose opulent surroundings hide the shame and disappointment of her abusive marriage, and Bhima, a stoic illiterate hardened by a life of despair and loss, who has worked in...
I just received my state yesterday. We have been doing some fun extras (dinner out with the family which we never do, my dd loves Valentine's Day so we are having a small party she has planned) and some needed extras (tires, a door for ds's room, and paying off all my remaining medical copays from 2011).    We will pay off the car loan in March since I receive three pay checks that month.    Is it just me or do any of your get giddy when you pay off debt? I...
If you have not received your student loan interest form in the mail by now I would go or check on line. I had one not show and was able to pull the information off my dh's account on line.   Good luck!
8) Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett. More in the Tiffany Aching story. A nice, funny, enjoyalbe read.   http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/index.php/us/books/wintersmith
Former lurker, newly subbing. I have some financial goals this year so this group has inspired me to get focused!   As far as turbo tax...I submitted electronically on 1.26.2012 and my federal was deposited 2.2.12! I was so excited.    For 2012:   1) I have paid off my dh's last student loan! Yeah! Those people were driving me crazy. I would make extra payments last year on one so I could pay it off and they would spread it over the 2 loans! Grr! Then they...
I nursed my son to 18months and my daughter to just over 2 years. I returned to full time work after approxiamtely being home for 12 weeks for both kids.   I stopped pumping around 1 year because by then both my children had transitioned to reversed schedules (actually between 3-6 months) where they nursed the most when I was home and at night. That made for a psycho-mama occasionally but it worked for us. My daughter hated taking a bottle, but my son did ok.
7) Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu.   What a lovely children's book. I felt so connected to the main characters. This book really hit on so many topics that a parent/teacher and child could discuss: adoption, being different and being ok with that. friendships changing, loss... such a well crafted story too.