or Connect

Posts by Igraine

"When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look into the reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or our family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and arguments. That is my...
Hi there, I had Pitocin (very low dose) for 1st birth. No other drugs and a natural delivery. It was terrible. My ds was stuck, I labored long. The labor was hard and extremely intense once the Pitocin took effect.The transition time made me feel crazy. I was terrified. I had a fair amount of damage to my body due to the position of my son and the process of him shooting out of me like a bullet once his arm moved. Tons of staff in the room. 2nd birth. Beautiful....
North of 60. I had an extremely tramatic birth. Lots of complications after the birth, problems with breast feeding, poor sleeper, PPD.... It honestly took my dh and I over a year to even consider having a conversation about having a second child. Then we started to get more sleep. MY ds calmed down at night and became a very good sleeper and an excellent nurser. And we realized the importance of siblings. And we now have a precious little girl who's first...
I was just having this conversation yesterday with some friends. I am a social worker and a manager. It really sucks sometimes because I have to work so hard to help the families I work with, the staff I manage and by the time I get home I have zero coping skills! It is so frustrating. Here I am supposed to be teaching people how to manage their lives better with a emotional disturbed child and I can barely manage my pretty mellow and healthy family! I agree...
Quite a few years ago, my cousin was a new lawyer and assisted a young african woman with amnesty due to the threat of circumcision in order to make her "desireable to a potential husband". It prompted me to do research on female circumcision. Then I got to thinking about the whole male thing. No wonder guys are so damn protective of their penises! The body never forget trauma like that! Then a friend of mine had her son and relayed to me the story of how she made her...
Hi mamas, I am so sorry for you all and I am glad I found you. I have been struggling with my 11 month old. She has been biting and refusing to latch on properly. I cried and yelped the first few times because it hurt so bad. She is teething too! Your perseverance has motivated me to keep pumping and keep trying to offer the breast. Thank you!
Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them. I was feeling so upset last night. She refused to nurse for the first time at night. I have been pumping and will continue to do so. I have yelped and cried because it hurts so bad and I think I may have scared her. I will check out Kelly mom. That is always a good resource. Wish me luck. I am just not ready to be done with nursing yet. Your words of encouragement are most appreciated.
My dd is almost 11 months old. I posted a little while back about her biting and pinching. While the pinching has subsided, the biting has gotten much worse. She does this kind of shallow latch and then bites me almost everytime I nurse her now! The only time she does not bite is when she is night nursing and half asleep. I am so sad. She is my last baby and I really wanted to keep nursing as long as she wanted. Am I reading her right? I tried to push my breast into...
Thank you everyone! I will start the process. I have the Motherease with covers and inserts, so I think I will try a few different pocket diapers. My dd is not a supersoaker at night as my ds was. I like the idea of the wool and hemp though. Off I go to search out the perfect toddler diaper!
Hi everyone, I used to clothe diaper my son part time. I used both disposables and clothe. With my dd I have been pretty much using sposies and am trying to get her used to clothe. Does anyone have any suggestions? The ones I have from my ds are bulky and cumbersome. She is 11 months old and has already started to undo the velcro. (Motherease brand) My daughter is smaller and much more active than my son was at this point. (my ds was HUGE 23.7 pounds at this...