or Connect

Posts by zjande

I would personally never ever go back to having carpeting! Oy, between the kids and pets, I felt like I was scrubbing carpet constantly. I hated it. I couldn't find a way to get all the stains out without using toxic cleaners either.  Wiping up spills and sweeping up everything else is SOOo much easier!   If I were you and I was planning on staying only 5 years or so, I'd just buy whatever is the lowest cost, non-carpeting flooring out there!   Something else to...
That's so neat that you're in N ID, too! I'll PM you, maybe we're neighbors. :)   Hmm, down pillows. That's a tough one! If I thought the mouse pee had penetrated the pillow case into the actual pillow I guess I'd just machine wash and dry it, knowing that if the W&D killed my pillow, well, I probably wouldn't have kept it anyway. But if only the pillow case was gross, I'd probably hang the pillow out in the hot sun for several days.
I've been trying to brainstorm wording for our group's description, and I knew the answer to "how many is many?" would have to be included in it somehow! lol   Technically speaking, as far as I understand it, having at least 4 children either by birth, step parenting, adoption, etc. is generally considered a "mom of many".   And I believe when you've hit your seventh, you are considered a mega family.     Welcome Pattimomma! :) I do hope the bleeding turns...
 Hi everybody! I am co-leading the group with momtoafireteam.  It will be so fun to meet other moms of bunches here!   We have 7, ages 21, 14, 7, 5, 3, 20 months, and 8 weeks. We live in north Idaho on a farm, and homeschool. I feel like I am just repeating what my signature says. :p   Today is another hot day over here and the kids have been in and out running and playing excitedly. I have been busy researching how to treat chronic mastitis in our cow with the...
I'm curious how we go about "selecting an image" to represent our group. I've cruised around Google images a bit and have found plenty of possibilities- but what am I allowed to use?? Can I just steal a cute picture right off Google images?       Okay that last on is obviously a picture of a mouse pad, LOL.   There are plenty more fitting images but I am not computer savvie enough to figure out how to paste them here.   ANYWAY. :p Just wondering where...
Sure, I suppose I could do that.
We have mice, too. Blecchh.   I just throw all the stuff they've been gross on into the washer and use soap or vinegar spray on everything else. I keep everything unless they've shredded it into a nest so badly that it's not usable. They've done that to some of my favorite baby clothes stored out in our shop. :(   If they've gotten into food, I don't keep it.   We've tried poison and traps. I find glue traps work the very best (Amazon has them in bulk). But they...
My name is Aubrey.   Huge congratulations to you and your family!
My "advanced age" has never been mentioned to me by anyone at all. I am 39 and just had my 7th baby seven weeks ago.   Good luck!
My oldest will be 22 very soon and my youngest is 7 weeks. :)   I am 39 years old and could technically have children 25-30 years apart if I was so inclined. LOL