or Connect

Posts by Love_My_Bubba

I'm a dork..... I read the title of this thread forgetting which board I was in and thought "well, for most mommas on MDC nursing and small children are synonymous, what a silly question." Then I remembered that I wasn't in Lactivism
My friend: What's your name? DS: Which time? My friend: What do you mean? DS: When I'm silly it's Bubba, when we at stopnshop (all one word, all I do is chase him around since he refuses to sit in the cart) I'm Monkey, come here! and whe I pull Birgina's (Virginia the cat) tail it's duuuuude (as in "Dude, don't pull the cat's tail.")
My DS went into full time, 5 days a week at the same age. I had every intention of gradual introduction but couldn't bear to waste any of the time I had left with him. The first few weeks were tough, on me . He got comfortable with his caregivers and settled in within a few weeks, even without a gradual introduction. That's not to say that it might have been easier if I had done it though. He struggled a little bit because he was such a boob head but he reverse...
Snakes, a debilitating fear of snakes. I can't even watch them on T.V., DH knows to cover my face if one comes on T.V. I love watching Survivor but really can't because of the frequency of the snake shots. I often have dreams about running away from a person trying to get me to touch a snake. Tomorrow is the reptile show at DS's school and DH has to pick him up that day (usually he drops off and I pick up) because I can't touch DS until he's been bathed because I...
I am really and truly shocked by the responses to this thread. An airplane is not like a restaurant where you can remove yourself from a situation should it be necessary. This is a captive audience and some of those people might be on business and trying to get their only rest before arriving to work a full day. They might be crew members commuting home after a twelve hour day of flying. They may just be tired people who deserve some consideration. Do all of these...
Karma at its best
Always present info: 7 year airline industry vet, worked counter, gates, ops, management and flight attendant. NEVER.EVER.TAKE.YOUR.CHILD.IN.FIRT.CLASS (unless there is some truly extenuation situation." I understand that you may pay as much as the other passengers but part of that investment is a "First Class" experience and (most, not all) children have no interest in allowing other paying passengers to have their "First Class" experience. My DS, who is 3 always...
Same deal as you, planned to stay home and then DH's work demanded supplemental income so off the daycare DS went. He LOVES it! He even asks to go in when we drive by on weekends, but of course hw would want us to stay wiith him those days "'cause it's a week-ennnnnnnnnd Momma " He entered at age 1 and now at 3.5 I really feel like a better parent because when I'm home with him it's ALL him. I find other time for chores and really feel that it's the "absence makes...
Ok, here's what I wrote! "I work so I'm not home in the mornings very often but when I am, every time I enjoy watching Regis & Kelly. This morning Kelly asked Jerry O'Connell if his babies are breastfed. Our government is working so hard to teach new parents about the benefits of breastfeeding, it's SO important and his non-chalance really hit me badly. I understand that those were his opinions and it's a free dialogue at the beginning, but that I think it's...
I work so I'm not home in the mornings very often but when I am I enjoy watching Regis & Kelly. Today Regis is out and Jerry O'Connell is guest hosting. He has twins with Rebecca Romijn and Kelly asked him if the babies are breastfed. He answered that they were BF for six months (yay!) and acted as if this were outrageous, but that he couldn't understand why his wife did it and he said to her "let's just go get some formula and make this easy!" I just don't even...