or Connect

Posts by mingber

My GF just approached me. She has a 6 month old and has not been able to have sex with her husband yet. She apparently was stiched up too tight when she tore after having her son. She is crushed and doesn't know what to do. Her OB/Gyn suggsted recutting and restiching - she doesn't want to and I don't blame her. Help!! Thanks.
I agree with everyone else. Start by speaking with the parents/your borther and let them know this is how your house is run and these are the rules that need to be followed. Then sit down with their DD and her dad/your brother and talk with both of them explaining this is how things are done in your house, this way your brother will be there to support you and help explain things to his DD. Some suggestions: Maybe give your niece a star chart for each day she behaves...
I remember that my DD who was BF had similar problems from the time she was born until she was 4 years old..she was constipated and hardly ever pooped. I tried several things and still do use some of these techniques- here they are: 1. If you are pumping or using formula, put some (about 2 oz) in a bottle with 1 tsp on Karo corn syrup and give it to him. It acts like a lubricant and helps everything slide out. 2. The thermometer idea works wonders, just don't...
We haven't done it in that bathroom (GREAT IDEA), but outside in the (summer) backyard with only a diaper works wonders too. THe hose washes it away easily. DD who is 5 loves to help DS (2) paint his body and he helps paint hers. It's very cute. DD wears a bathing suit. I will have to try the tub this winter.
I agree with what Maggie05 said about financial security. I have been working only part time for almost 1 year since I got laid off from my previous job. Things are VERY tight but we are managing and I love having the extra time with my kids, but could use another job. Spend as much time with DD as possible. I have learned that QUALITY time is much more productive and fun that QUANTITY time. Use your time together wisely and it will all work out for the best. Marcie
My children didn't share a room until recently, when we (I) decided that the toys needed their own room. HAHA. So, I put the children in the same room - DH wasn't too happy about this since they are 3 years apart and different sexs. I said, lets try it, and see how it goes, we can always change it back. So, we did and 3 months later, it's still working fine. They both sleep through the night (B'H). The only problem is DD hates to go to bed at the same time as her...
I don't know if the problem is becuase he is a middle child or not. I was a middle, but between 2 boys so my experiences probably won't help you much. My best suggestion would be to let him know you will be responding to him when he behaves and the other children will get more attention when he misbehaves. For example: When he walks in and kicks over legos - send him to his room (or better, into the corner) for a time out and coddel the other child (give the other child...
Heavenly - I am sympathetic to you. I would also recommend a homeopathic doctor - they are so much more understanding. Also, it could be an oral aversion - which I have heard can just manifest themselves with no reasoning. You could also go to www.askdrsears.com Good luck. Marcie
We are also Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas. I have told my children that Santa is a charater like Elmo/Zoe/Pooh, etc and that some people really believe in him. DD likes to see Santa at the mall and points him out. SHe asks if she can go see him for a candy cane and I explain that we don't do that. She excepts this. I also have asked her not to spoil it for her non-Jewish friends and she doesn't say anything to them, except she might mention "I am Jewish and we...
Hi - I have not visited this thread (working moms) in several months and now I have a wonderful addition. I just got a new part time job - YEAH - especially since I HATE my current one. The only problem is I now actually have 2 part time jobs to give me full time hours. I need the $$, but hate to work out of the house. Oh well. i had the interview yesterday and was offered the position during the interview. I am hoping that the new job will go full time...