or Connect

Posts by Dragon

Sounds like something my daughter would do. She's 3.5 too. I don't think it's really about the trucks or the book - I think it's just some kind of post-purchase anxiety. I would let my daughter live with the choice and not rescue her by going back for the book. She wouldn't even ask again after the next morning - either because she knows I would stand firm, or more likely because it really wouldn't matter anymore. Once she got used to the trucks she would decide they...
www.heart2heart.ca My daughter came home at 10 months so I can't speak to its use for newborns, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. It has padded siderails and seems very roomy but not terribly bulky. We like it!
I can hold her while I walk and dance...I thought the point of a sling was that it leaves a hand or two free so you can do something else besides just holding baby!?
We faced the same dilemma and we're moving in to the city. We found a lot in a great neighbourhood and we're looking forward to the move. DH and I are going to miss living in the country, but for a whole lot of reasons, the city is a better place for our girls to grow up. Dh and I can move back to the country when the girls go to college (and then we'll move back to the city when we get too old to drive, no doubt!) Nature is not completely out of reach in the city. The...
I'm new to this board but not the site. We just brought home our 10-month-old daughter from China last month. She is VERY active, but also likes to be held. She's been teething like crazy lately, as well as adjusting to her new family and new lifestyle, which is probably contributing to her need to be held. I have a Heart 2 Heart sling a friend lent me and it's been great for the days that Quinn just doesn't want to be put down. But, I can't get much done when she's in...
We have a Graco Ultra CarGo. It's well-rated, and seems comfortable and durable. I'm pleased with it, and I'm picky about car seats. The only place I could find to buy it was Sears, but if you're near Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal you might have more options available to you.
Race is so charged...we're right there with you at the same stage. I've had to explain to Catherine why we don't call people "big and fat" in public (she doesn't see it as an insult, just as statement of fact or even a compliment), and she's starting to notice and comment on race as well. This is a particularly charged issue for us, as Catherine is Asian and DH and I are white. I'm trying to keep my responses low-key. About skin/hair/eyes, I just respond...
I think it's made by MegaBloks. I saw it at Costco a couple of weeks ago.
We have a climber and jumper here too. She likes to remove all the couch and chair cushions, lay them on the floor in various arrangements, and jump between them. Usually she and DH pretend that there's a crocodile on the floor and they have to avoid him by jumping between the "islands". Or DH has some yummy food on his "island" and Catherine has to jump over to get it. Of course there is also lots of jumping on the couch, jumping from the couch to the "islands", and so...
My 3-year-old is the same way. We have a full-blown meltdown if she thinks Daddy forgot to wave good-bye. What has helped a little is having Daddy keep a stash of lollipops at work, and she can call him during the day to ask that he bring a lollipop home. Last week I had to leave in the morning, and Catherine knew I was going to be gone for the whole day (I'm a SAHM, so I don't often go out without DD). Turns out, Catherine had a major meltdown because Mommy forgot to...