or Connect

Posts by ~Mamaterra~

Quote: Originally Posted by FluffiB Mamaterra - you could've left out your sentence "instead of prescribing labels such as "selfish" to a 5 year old." Until this part, I thought your explanation was helpful. After reading it, I took it as an insult because I was simply labeling my child and not trying to understand him at all. What's the source of your information? One of the books I have describes it differently. FTR, I was talking...
I don't see anyone attacking. Where? ALL children, not just boys, have not developed their prefrontal cortex it at this age. It is just a standard in development, just like puberty, it comes at a certain age. That is why when a child this age does something out of impulse and you ask "why did you do that" and they reply "I don't know", it is because THEY DON'T KNOW. Prefrontal cortex TBI patients are the same way. Pure impulse. Nothing can be done about it.
Please remember at this age that this age, childrens' prefrontal cortex has not developed yet and won't until they are at least 12-16. The prefrontal cortex is responsible for executive functioning ie)social skills. That is why children are "all about me" because they are purely impulse. Not excuses for the behaviour but an understanding of brain development. Teaching them empathy and sharing are important but it is also important to understand why they act the way...
OK, I have a meeting on Tuesday with the head haunchos to discuss options. Even if we continued with the restaurant, they are still interested in me working 2-3 days a week. I'm still in the information gathering stages and have made no promises, but I think I am in quite the negotiating position if they want me to start asap. Wish me luck.
The schools in our area are the worst in the province. My SIL is a teacher in this school district and entirely agrees that we should be hsing. My dh and I have been praying for something as the restaurant, in its current location, cannot continue. We kinda saw this as an option from the big guy upstairs.
Thank you for all of your thoughtful responses Quote: Originally Posted by CottontailKate I guess my first thought is to take a breath and take some time. Do you have an actual offer...contract to be signed, start date, salary, benefits negotiated, etc. or are they still in the interview stage? If you are still in the interview stage, then I would continue there and wait until an offer is made. Buy yourself some time to think about what is important...
OK, I've visited 4 or 5 different forums and this seems to be the best place to put this. I x-posted in WOHM as well because I really don't know where this goes. Background: I am a SAHM who homeschools our 7, 5 and 2.5 yr old dc. My dh works in another city and comes home on the weekends. However, I also own a restaurant in the town that we live in for just under a year now (June 1 will be 1yr). I only work at the restaurant Fri-Sun evenings when my dh is home...
OK, I've visited 4 or 5 different forums and this seems to be the best place to put this. Background: I am a SAHM who homeschools our 7, 5 and 2.5 yr old dc. My dh works in another city and comes home on the weekends. However, I also own a restaurant in the town that we live in for just under a year now (June 1 will be 1yr). I only work at the restaurant Fri-Sun evenings when my dh is home with our dc. Fortunately, I have good staff to work the other times....