or Connect

Posts by gini1313

I did that... got rid of everything because we weren't having anymore babies...  then had just one more :)  Honestly...  he has more clothes than my other two kids put together and I haven't paid one dime for clothes.  I got so many hand me downs that I have had to give at least half of them away and he still has more than he needs from 6 months until age 4 (at least).  People are very generous and I have found in my circle of friends, we are so happy to give our baby...
Is that $3000 net or gross?  I ask because it sounds like you are an LPN living in a lower cost of living area (based on your daycare costs).  I am an RN living in a relatively high cost of living area and I don't bring home a whole lot more than that working full time (plus call hours).  Here, LPNs make much less than RNs.   Just wanted to be sure you were sure of the number before you start making plans for it :)  Congrats on finishing school and being accepted to...
Our first, we lived in an apt with carpet.  Our second, hardwoods with an area rug.  Our third, just hardwoods.  I like the hardwoods better.  They are so much cleaner than a carpet and now that I have lived with them, it skeeves me out a little to have a little baby rolling around on a carpet anyways.  We have some nice flannel quilts (lap blanket sized) that MIL made for the kids and we just put them down to sit on if we want something.  Then you can just throw them in...
Ugh...  I am sorry, I didn't know that...  If they would pay someone else to care for him, maybe you could use that time to get at least a part time job out of the home and bring in some money?  Maybe find out how much time you could get coverage for?    
Have you looked into becoming a copes worker (I think you said you are currently in Wa.  I don't know if they have it or something like it in Florida as well)?  You can be paid to be his caregiver.  It isn't alot of money, but it is more than nothing and might be a start?  I don't know what the income/asset eligibility is and whether the house would disqualify you, but here is an info...
We started with 1b and are now in 2a. Dh has taken over math, but they only use the workbook. Dh is a math guy, but even when I (def not a math person) was doing it, I didn't feel the need for anything other than the workbooks...
[QUOTE=zinemama;15897345]Don't hand out goody bags. Or, if you must hand out something, go to the thrift store and pick up some used books. Wrap them nicely for the kids to take home. [QUOTE] That is a good idea. I have done homemade playdough/swamp gunk, cheap bubbles (you could probably get a good deal on those right now), or helium balloons (decorate with them and then let each kid take one home). The kids were happy, the moms thanked me for no candy/cheap plastic...
I hate minivans. But... I have to say, I love the versatility of my 8 person Sienna. We currently have baby rearfacing in the middle of the second row. Ds1 is next to him behind the driver seat and DD is on the passenger side of the back row. We have the middle row passenger side seat removed. It gives us lots of room to be able to buckle DD into her seat, change diapers/clothes, or sit and nurse to have that seat out. I can fit 3 in the middle row, but right now,...
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/addict...os/Detail.aspx
Quit the gym and walk up and down your stairs (if you have them) for 30 minutes a day? I lost 20 lbs in a couple of months doing that. Really good exercise. Other than that, I have to agree. If gyms around here were $45, that would be awesome. We are looking at at least $80 without pool memberships... And my kids won't stay in the daycare, so I can't use it at all.