or Connect

Posts by gini1313

Quote: Originally Posted by rocketgirl96 Thanks NellieKatz for your replies. I totally get that the vacation disrupted his schedule but this seems to go way beyond that. Also, he had plenty to do during vacation - it was Disney World! He got plenty of time to get his ya-ya's out. Disney is very stimulating. Overwhelmingly so. Maybe he is having a "let down" now that it is all over? Or maybe he worked so hard to hold it together on the trip...
I did it!!! Lol, I took apart my washer and cleaned between the drums and all I can say is... OMG!!! Holy cow, seriously, if you haven't ever had your washer serviced, you don't know what is growing in there!!! No wonder my washer had an odor!!! That said, it was hard to figure out. Maybe mine is a particularly non user friendly model, but I kept thinking, "Why am I not paying someone else to do this?" Lol. Dh says that now that I have showed him how, he will do...
I was really glad I had insurance when, at 30 y/o, I unexpectedly got cancer. Prior to that, I really only had it because you are supposed to. Now, I really understand the value of having insurance.
Thanks for the replies. I tried it a few times and always it left streaks on the hardwoods I called Bissell twice, and it didn't really help. After I used it on my hardwoods, I mopped with my regular mop (one of the ones where you spray on a cleaner and it has a microfiber cover) and got off dirt that the Bissell didn't get off. so that was disappointing. I tried it on our slate floors (which are horrible to clean), and it worked pretty well. Maybe the...
I finally broke down and bought a steam mop. I got a Bissell. I tried it last night, and am not loving it. The floor doesn't seem any cleaner than when I used my regular mop, and is streaky. Does anyone have a Bissell? Do you love it? Would the streaks be from build up that I haven't gotten off yet? I am thinking about returning it, but Amazon is going to charge me a 20% restocking fee because it is opened. I haven't called Bissell about it yet. Any advice?
I just did a big declutter of toys from the Living Room today. Ds (6) is ok with it in general... he likes the idea that we are giving to a place where people can buy his toys cheap, and if I talk to him about how he never plays with that toy, he is glad to give it to people who will. My 3 year old was a different story, though. She was in tears, sobbing and yelling about anything I wanted to get rid of. I was at a loss at first of how to meet both our needs (mine...
Washing clothes/diapers sucks in hard water That is really all I have to say about it, lol.
We sometimes have a problem with odor in our washer. (I hate ours, too). I have looked on the internet, and found do it yourself directions to take it apart and clean between the drums (or something like that), but haven't done it yet. I am intimidated by it, too, and haven't gotten dh (who isn't handy about stuff like that either) to help me yet... What has helped is baking soda, and NEVER leaving clothes in there. I don't even put clothes into wash at bedtime and...
Two of my kids have yellow dye sensitivities (not sure about the baby yet, since he is still only nursing). I believe dd may also be sensitive to red dyes. I know alot more about yellow dye, but really, the big thing is to read labels. I googled yellow dye allergy and found a ton of info. I think red dye is easier to avoid than yellow because it seems like yellow dye is in everything (did you know there is yellow dye in pickles?). Do be aware, though, that from...
Also, for adding veges to your diet... I like to make up a big batch of hummus and cut up a big container of raw veges (I like carrots, celery, and red peppers the best). If I have that in my fridge, I will pull it out and sit it on the counter when I need a snack, or sometimes when I am cooking dinner. Dh, dd (3) and I (ds won't eat em, but he is a thread all in himself, lol) eat so much more veges that way than if I need to cut them before eating.