or Connect

Posts by gini1313

Quote: Originally Posted by jeninejessica Do you think it ruins the attempt if I put bacon in that soup? lol. It sounds doable though, I think I'll try to make some next some I go grocery shopping, but minus the stewed tomatoes. That's another thing that just gives me the heebie jeebies I don't know if you tried this yet or not, but I made it last night. I, personally, don't think this recipe would be very good with bacon in it. It had too...
What about breakfast burritos? you could make a bunch at the start of the week and send two per day, one for before work and one at 9 AM? You can make them really filling, with egg, sausage, potatoes, veges, avacado, and salsa. Yummy!!! I have a pretty active job, and get hungry alot during the day, too. I usually eat something small before work (I start at 6:30 AM and don't like to eat that early) like toast and a hard boiled egg or a smoothie or something, then...
I think that it depends on how you say it. I am not vegetarian (although don't eat very much meat and didn't eat any at all for many years), but my first time to a homeschool group get together potluck, I brought cheese and crackers (tried to get the "healthiest" crackers and cheese I could find). Not everyone there was veg, but different people have different diets there. There was one family there and the kids (about 5 and 8) kept begging their mom to have some and...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristyMarie I found a shoe cabinet I like at Ikea but it doesn't look like it has a back - just open to the wall behind it which might drive me crazy: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60156121 On the page about it, it says that it must be fastened to the wall, "back panel has predrilled holes" and that the back rail/back are made of particle board, so it sounds like it has a back. Do you have an IKEA...
What about a shoe rack hanging on the back of the door that you enter through? Would be easy enough and *most* dogs couldn't get the shoes back out of them (although some could)...
Quote: Originally Posted by mtiger For peeling, lay the clove on the cutting board and smash it with the broad side of your knife. Skin pops right off. That is what I do. I tried using my pampered chef garlic press without peeling yesterday, and I think it is easier to peel this way, then press. It was harder to press with the skin on, and I think there was more garlic still in the press when I was done...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arianwen1174 Here is the link to the Pampered Chef garlic press. Not sure if I'll get that one or something through Amazon. I hadn't ever gone to the Pampered Chef site so was drooling over all their wonderful stuff! I have that garlic press, and had no idea you could press garlic in it without peeling!!! I will have to give it a try, too bad I didn't read this *before* making the hummus I just finished!!! I...
We haven't had a microwave for... I don't know, 6 years now. Ours broke and we decided to wait to see if we missed it before replacing it. Pretty much the only time I have missed it was when I hurt my shoulder and wanted to heat up my rice bag in it. We heat up left overs on the stove. I am a coffee snob and won't drink it reheated, but dh just does it on the stove as well. Lol, one time we were buying microwave popcorn for a night at Grandma's house (since...
I just read all the replies... I think you really do just have to put the stuff away every meal. I hate eating on a table that isn't cleaned off, so while I am cooking, we put away everything on the table... It doesn't take very long if you do it every meal. Lol, even when my whole house is a disaster, my kitchen table is usually clean.
Commit to eating every meal on it. If you eat every meal on it, it gets cleaned off 3 times a day.